Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/the-best-paleo-brownie-crinkle-cookies/
© 2019 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
The Best Paleo Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- 2 pasture-raised eggs (haven't tested flax egg)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (do not recommend honey or maple syrup - need the grainy texture!)
- 5 ounces Hu Kitchen Salty Dark Chocolate (code RACHL for free shipping)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and coconut sugar and mix well with hand mixer (or really well with spatula if you do not have mixer) for about 2-3 minutes. The sugar will dissolve and scrap down the sides of the bowl with any excess mixture
- Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and heat on 30 second increments (stirring in between) until melted
- Stir in the vanilla extract then add to the large bowl with the egg/sugar mixture and mix again for about 2 minutes
- Add the cacao powder, coconut flour and baking powder to the bowl and mix well (it should be really thick like frosting or brownie-like batter!)
- Using a spoon or cookie dough scooper, scoop about 2 tablespoons of batter per cookie onto the sheet (leave about 2 inches between each cookie as they spread!)
- Sprinkle sea salt on top then bake in oven for 10-12 minutes
- Allow the cookies to cool for a minute or two then enjoy!
*Store leftovers in an airtight container for 5 days or freezer for 2 months