Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/the-easiest-15-minute-vegan-pad-thai-noodles-whole30/
© 2019 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
The Easiest 15-minute Vegan Pad Thai Noodles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cups organic zucchini noodles (I bought these already spiralized)
- 2 cups butternut squash noodles (I bought these already spiralized)
- 1 large organic red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts of choice (I did cashews and pine nuts)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons organic scallion, chopped
- 1-2 cups Organic Girl Baby Arugula
Almond butter sauce
- In a large skillet, warm the garlic and oil over medium heat and make sure pan is coated with oil
- Add in the zucchini and butternut squash noodles and red pepper and toss around (I like to cut the noodles with a knife too to make it easier to sauté)
- Cook over medium heat, covered for about 5-8 minutes or until softened (I don't like mine too soggy so I tend to undercook)
- While the noodles cook, stir together the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and melt together over medium/low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking
- Once sauce ingredients are well combined, pour on top of the noodles and mix well so all the noodles are covered in creamy sauce
- Fold in the nuts, avocado and scallions and add to a plate or bowl with the baby arugula sprinkled on the bottom and I like to sprinkle extra on top!
*This will stay good in the fridge for 3-5 days. It may be a bit soggy so I recommend making sauce in advance and spiralizing the veggies then making before you eat.
**If not plant-based, feel free to add protein! I love mixing in some grass-fed steak in this