The Easiest One-Pot Vegetarian Bean Chili made with healthy and simple ingredients!
Every Sunday I ask Jord what he wants me to make for him for lunch for the week. Last winter he would request chili every single weekend. Since I was just fired from job (more about that here), the thought of buying a million different ingredients just to make chili literally gave me anxiety. Granted the total cost probably comes to like $12 but I was going through an emotional time guys 😉
Thankfully this year we are in a better place and buying grocery is pretty much a part of my job. And now we can make chili whenever he wants.. HA!
This One-Pot Vegetarian Bean Chili is seriously SO easy like beyond beginner level. I know I say everything is easy but I swear they always are.
I love that this chili has two types of beans in it and it is vegan too. I use white kidney beans and then for that “ground meat” texture and extra flavor, I use Hilary’s Eat Well Adzuki Bean Burger. You read about my love affair with Hilary’s here but you guys.. this flavor burger is my FAV. Hilary’s makes the best gluten, soy, nut, egg, dairy-free frozen goods on the block. Their veggie burgers and sausages are the key to my heart. I eat them literally everyday in some capacity. I also recently have been using some of their dressing, also amazing.
This Adzuki Bean Burger is made with millet, adzuki beans, quinoa, coconut oil, a ton of veggies and spices and it’s all organic! It adds the best flavor to the chili and extra boost of nutrients for the meal.
You literally throw all the goods into a pot and just cook it. YUP that easy. Then you can pair it with your favorite tortilla chips, corn bread, anything you wish. Jord requested corn bread but I didn’t have any in the apartment and major confession: I have never made corn bread before, so there’s that.
If you make this chili, you are going to love it, I promise. The best hearty and healthy meal you want for the winter. And just go buy Hilary’s everything. You will thank me 🙂
The Easiest One-Pot Vegetarian Bean Chili
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 2-3 bowls 1x
- Category: vegan, gluten free
- Cuisine: dinner, lunch, chili
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1–2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeño, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 12 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 Hilary’s Eat Well Adzuki Bean Burgers, cooked
- 2 cups cooked white kidney beans
- Heat avocado oil in large pot and add onion, carrots and pepper
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes until softens
- Add diced tomatoes, spices then bring to a low boil and simmer
- Add in cooked beans, chopped hilarys then cover
- Cook on low heat for about 30-60 minutes (the longer the better so flavors absorb)
- Enjoy with your favorite chips or chili toppings!
Thank you Hilary’s Eat Well for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!