These brownies though. My stomach is growling just thinking about them.
These aren’t just any ordinary brownie though. They are the ULTIMATE healthy brownie. And no there are no black beans in them. There is another completely random and nutrient-packed ingredient in them. The ingredient is high in zinc, vitamins A, C, E, K and more. Plus it has a ton of fiber, iron and calcium. You usually eat it with salad or you put it in your smoothies.
These brownies have Organic Girl SPINACH in them (don’t X out of this!). I promise that you will have NO idea there is spinach in these dreamy chocolatey delicious brownies. I gave one to Jord (like I did the Hummus Blondies and Brownie Truffles) and asked if he tasted anything off. He didn’t taste the spinach at all and loved them.
I of course am immature and kept giggling like a 2 year old. So Jord clearly knew something was going on and when I told him there were greens in the brownies, he was literally in shock!
These brownies are the best gluten and dairy-free brownies EVER. They are made with oat flour, coconut oil and all the other goods you babes love.
If you are a little nervous about using spinach in your brownies, obviously I don’t blame you. But what you can do is just half the amount and test the waters. I know once you make them and love them you will want the FULL 4 cups of raw spinach in there. We also puree the spinach with almond milk before hand so it isn’t in full-leaf form. More like an applesauce-type consistency.
I used Organic Girl Baby Spinach (aka my go to greens brand). They make the best quality greens. Literally every type you could want, Organic Girl has the hook up. Plus they have the most delicious dressings and juices too.
You probably recognize Organic Girl from these recipes on the blog. I make a ton using their clean and organic greens!
Let me know if any of you make The Ultimate Healthy Brownies for your friends, family and trick them too. It’s kinda fun to fool everyone 😉
The Ultimate Healthy Brownies
- 4 to 5 cups Organic Girl Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons creamy almond butter (or your preferred nut butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup oat flour (have not tested other flours)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- First puree the spinach in food processor or blender by adding about 4-5 cups of spinach and 1-2 tablespoons almond milk (it should be an applesauce-type consistency)
- You should have ½-3/4 cup pureed spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish well or line with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl mix together coconut oil, eggs, almond butter, vanilla and maple syrup
- Add in spinach, oat flour, cacao powder, baking powder and coconut sugar and mix well until combined (I used Kitchen Aid)
- Mix in dark chocolate chips then pour onto 8x8 baking dish
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- Store in airtight container in fridge for 5 days (or freeze for longer)
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!