Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/vegan-cinnamon-roll-banana-bread/
© 2019 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons Garden of Life Organic Flaxseed + 5 tablespoons water OR sub 2 pasture-raised eggs)
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups brown rice flour (or sub gluten-free all purpose or oat flour but start with only 2 cups and add 1/4 cup if batter looks too thin at the end!)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Cinnamon Roll Swirl
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (I recommend this over honey/maple syrup so you have a grainy base)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and grease a bread dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the flax egg, banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined
- Add in the brown rice flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well (make sure no clumps!)
- In a smaller bowl, mix together cinnamon swirl ingredients
- Add about half the banana bread batter to the bread dish then half the cinnamon roll batter and swirl with a knife or toothpick
- Add the rest of the banana bread batter followed up cinnamon roll batter and swirl again
- Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes (I stick toothpick in to see if it is ready!)
- Allow the bread to cool about about 10 minutes then slice and enjoy!
- To make the cinnamon sugar swirl, mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, then add half of the cinnamon swirl. Use a knife to swirl together.
- Then add the rest of the batter and cinnamon swirl until the pan is filled.
*Store leftovers in airtight container for 3 days, fridge for 5 days or freezer for 2 months