Breakfast skillets are my life right now. Actually, pretty much anything in a skillet has my full attention. I love cooking in the cast-iron and how you can pretty much just throw everything in there to cook and there is none of that toxic nonsense in most pots and pans.
This Veggie-Loaded Sweet Potato Hash with Coconut Bacon is my most recent go-to skillet recipe and it’s literally the easiest thing ever to make. Plus it has COCONUT BACON. I first learned about coconut bacon at a plant-based restaurant in California, and I must admit I was pretty hesitant on trying it. It sounded so odd and kinda weird. Then I got it on my avocado toast and in a salad and became OBSESSED.
It is so easy and simple to make, plus it adds some healthy fats and a crunch to your meal.
This Veggie-Loaded Sweet Potato Hash is filled with sweet potatoes and Organic Girl greens. I used Super Spinach and kale to get two types in at once. Organic Girl is my go-to greens always in the grocery store and I am so lucky that the small bodega in my neighborhood carries nearly every single SKU! It is amazing. Their greens are already washed and ready to go so it saves me so much time when I am whipping things up.
Organic Girl is also launching a new true hearts product line that has butter lettuce and romaine in it. I am SO excited because butter lettuce is one of my absolute favorites to eat, especially as a salad base. Keep an eye out for it in stores soon 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED
Apple cider vinegar
Veggie-Loaded Sweet Potato Hash with Coconut Bacon
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1 skillet 1x
- Category: paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian
- Cuisine: breakfast
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 medium sized)
- 1 package of Organic Girl Super Spinach
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 cup Organic Girl Kale
- Coconut bacon:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 baguette sliced, (I used Barely Bread)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cast iron skillet with avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- Wash the sweet potato(es) and scrub off any dirt
- Cut and dice them (I leave skin on) then add to skillet with sliced onion
- Place skillet over stove on medium-high heat and let the sweet potatoes and onion cook for about 15-20 minute (we like the sweet potatoes very soft!)
- While sweet potatoes and onion cook, combine coconut flakes with maple syrup, paprika, apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos
- Pour into greased baking tray (I also used parchment paper) and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes or until just crispy!
- Next add in kale and spinach to the sweet potato skillet and cook until the veggies are just perfectly wilted (about 5 minutes)
- Add in coconut bacon and enjoy! You can also fry an egg on top or add in a baguette to toast right in the skillet (so good!)
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!