How to Make the Best Grilled Pizza
The steps on how to make pizza on the grill! The best way to make it, especially in the summer time. The crust gets extra crispy and it is truly our family’s favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Pizza
- Pizza dough of choice (not a pre-made crust.. ball of pizza dough)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toppings of choice: sauce, pesto, cheese, meats, veggies (please see blog post above for what each of our pies were)
- Remove dough from package and put it on a large plate or bowl and dust the ball of dough with some flour (we used all-purpose)
- Place a clean dish towel over it to let it rise for about 2 hours
- On a clean counter top, toss some flour on the working area and roll out the dough into a large rectangle
- Drizzle some olive oil on top and spread it across the dough
- Heat the grill on medium/high between 400-500 degrees then take the oiled side of the dough and place it face down on the grill and close grill
- Check on crust every minute or so because it’ll start to bubble (we pop them with a fork to keep them flat)
- After 2-3 minutes, drizzle some more olive oil on top and the crust should be firm and easy to flip
- Gently flip the crust (I use 1 grill tong and 1 grill spatula to gently do this)
- Now place desired toppings on quickly and cover again to cook for 3-5 minutes (or until ready!)
- Remove from grill and slice!
*We used a pizza dough from a local Italian deli. Many pizza places sell it too!