INSANE Gluten-free Oreo Whoopie Pies
Rich gluten-free healthy Oreo Whoopie Pies made in one bowl and in under 30 minutes. These are insanely good and they happen to be dairy-free, nut-free and filled with a delicious vanilla frosting in the center. Perfect easy dessert for kids and adults!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6 oreo whoopie pies 1x
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, cream together the egg, coconut oil and coconut sugar until fully combined
- Mix in the flour, cacao powder and baking powder until combined (batter will be thick)
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into your hand and roll into a ball then slightly press down to flatten (only a little) and add to baking sheet. Repeat for the dough – you should have 12 cookies total
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes then rotate tray and bake for another 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool completely. I added them to a freezer to expedite time
- Smear some frosting on 6 of the cookies then add another cookie on top to form the “oreo whoopee pie” and enjoy!
*Store in airtight container for 5 days or freezer for longer
**I haven’t tested any subs yet