Insanely Good Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Cake
Insanely Good Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Cake made with all gluten-free and nut-free ingredients. The dreamiest zucchini cake recipe ever filled with a cinnamon sugar swirl and drizzled on top.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 9 bars or 16 small bars 1x
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (or your preferred non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled (measured BEFORE melted)
- 1 flax egg (or use regular egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour (spelt flour also works)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze out the moisture!!)
Cinnamon sugar filling/topping:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper
- Mix together sugar, oil, flax egg, milk and vanilla extract until smooth
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon until fully combined with no lumps!
- Fold in zucchini then add 1/2 of the mixture to baking dish
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon sugar ingredients and sprinkle 1/2 on top of cake then remaining cake batter and other 1/2 of cinnamon sugar on top
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until fully combined
- Slice once the cake cools a bit and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in airtight container for 3 days or fridge for 5 days. Or freezer for 2 months!
**I haven’t tested subs that aren’t listed here