OMG Homemade Apple Fritters!
OMG Homemade Apple Fritters! Oven-baked or lightly “fried” on a pan. Oh and don’t forget the glaze on top. Dairy-free and nut-free!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: Makes 6 fritters 1x
- 1.5 cups diced apples + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 egg (haven’t tried flax egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Avocado oil if pan frying
- Glaze: powdered sugar + non-dairy milk
- In a large skillet, combine the diced apples and 1/2 cinnamon and warm over medium heat and cook for a few minutes to warm up a bit then remove from heat
- As apples cook, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and milk and vanilla
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and mix to well combine
- Fold in apple pieces
- Warm a large skillet with avocado oil then add a heaping spoonful of dough onto the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side over medium/low heat then flip and keep cooking for another 2-3 minutes
- Repeat for remaining dough then let the fritters cool while you make the glaze
- Mix about 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons milk and whisk well then drizzle the glaze on top!
*Store in airtight container for 5 days
**If making in oven bake at 350 degrees on a baking sheet for 7 minutes then gently flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until ready. If you want them crispy, drizzle a little oil on top!