Paleo Pumpkin Mousse Shortcakes
Paleo Pumpkin Mousse Shortcakes made with vegan and dairy-free ingredients for a delicious and naturally sweetened pumpkin recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 shortcakes 1x
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup cocoa butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, oat, anything!)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners
- In a medium bowl, mix together the nut milk and apple cider vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes
- Add in the coconut oil, vanilla extract and mix well
- In a large bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and coconut sugar and mix well
- Pour in wet ingredients and mix to evenly combine
- Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 the way then bake in oven for 20 minutes and remove
- While the shortcakes bake, add the pumpkin puree, cocoa butter, milk, coconut flour, maple syrup, pumpkin spice and cinnamon to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (about 1-2 minutes)
- Slice each shortcake in half and spoon about 2 teaspoon of the pumpkin mousse in the center followed by almond butter and nuts
- Top with other half of shortcake and enjoy!
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days!