The Best Healthy Pasta Recipe with Meat Sauce (20 minutes!)
This is the best ever healthy pasta recipe with meat sauce! Gluten-free and made in just 20 minutes, this recipe is a hit in our home and one we crave all the time.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb grass-fed beef (or use turkey, chicken, pork, anything works)
- 18–20 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mozzarella works well too)
- 3 cups uncooked gluten-free pasta of choice (I love using elbows)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the garlic and oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes
- Add in the beef and break it up into crumbles and cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes or until there isn’t too much pink left
- Add in sauce, spices, milk and butter and stir well and allow the sauce to simmer for a few
- While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta per instructions then strain water and add pasta to saucepan with sauce
- Mix in shredded cheese and stir everything together
- Season with some extra shaved parm, basil and red pepper if desired and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days. I reheat in microwave with a splash of water!