Vegan Black Bean Burgers with Spicy Aioli
Super easy and delicious homemade Vegan Black Bean Burgers with Spicy Aioli for a simple and healthy veggie burger recipe!
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
Black Bean Burgers:
- 1 flax egg (3 tablespoons water +1 tablespoon ground flax)
- 1/4 cup sautéed onions and mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 15 ounce can of organic black beans
- 1/3 cup oat flour (spelt or gluten-free ap work!)
- Heat a large skillet with avocado oil and warm over medium heat
- Strain and rinse the black beans then add to a large bowl and mash with a fork (you can leave some chunks too!)
- Add in the flax egg, onions, mushrooms, garlic, cilantro, spices and oat flour and mix well with a spatula
- Form into 4 patties and cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side
- Mix the mayo and Cholula Green Pepper Hot Sauce well then add on top of burger with bun and toppings of choice!
Store left burgers and aioli in the fridge for 5 days or freeze the burgers for longer!