Emily Claman – The Pre + Postnatal Workout Specialist On All Things Fitness Before, During + After Pregnancy
#71: In this episode we sit down with Emily Claman to discuss all things pre & postnatal workouts.
Emily is who I personally work with once a week and she is a GEM! Emily is the founder of Push. She is a Certified Personal Trainer, a certified Pre/Postnatal Fitness Specialist and a certified Pre/Postnatal Functional Training Specialist with 10+ years experience. And she is incredibly knowledgeable about what to do and best workout practices while pregnant.
Here are some of the topics/questions we discuss in the episode:
- The importance for breathing properly and how it can help when working out, during child birth and going #2.
- Emily walks us through a quick breath work exercise
Pre & Postnatal Exercising:
- Can I keep my normal work out routine while pregnant?
- What should all pregnant women modify when working out?
- what are the DOs and DONTs for working out in each trimester?
- Does working out often impact birth experience?
- thoughts on pregnant women running? is it safe?
- Is it safe to start exercising when pregnant if you haven’t in a long time?
- What are top 3 forms of movement or exercises we can do at home while pregnant?
- What are the top 3 fitness products to purchase or have on hand?
- Is it safe to workout until 40 weeks of pregnancy?
Prepping for birth and postpartum:
- Top exercises and routines to prep for first childbirth?
- What are different types of pushing we can learn about?
- How do we go about going back into exercising post partum and when exactly we should even go about this?
+ so much more!
Get inspired by the ‘Good Stuff’
I chat with CEOs, founders, wellness experts, cooks, bloggers and other impactful people who love sharing some good stuff. We cover starting a business, healthy and delicious food, hormones, relationships, infertility and much more.
Love the podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review!