Kiva Dickinson – Breaking Down The Basics of Investing + What a VC Fund Does
#55: In this episode, Jordan and I are chatting with Kiva Dickinson, the founder and Managing Partner of Selva Ventures.
Selva Ventures invests in brands making consumers’ lives better, and they happen to be a handful of our favorites.
A preview of what we dive into in today’s episode:
- Taking the leap from his full-time job to start Selva Ventures
- Why he wanted to start his own VC fund
- How we are making investing space more approachable
- What it has been like fundraising money for Selva
- What a VC fund does and the basics of a venture capital fund
- The importance of open dialogue in the investing space
- Why a brand actually needs money from investors
- What an LP, GP and all these crazy abbreviations mean
- How to spot the trends in the industry
- How to know if a brand is worth investing in
- Where the space is going with food trends
Subscribe to stay in the now on all the new episodes coming out. And please rate/review/share the episode and tag me so we can hear from you!!
For more on our VC fund, head on over to grtsht.com
Get inspired by the ‘Good Stuff’
I chat with CEOs, founders, wellness experts, cooks, bloggers and other impactful people who love sharing some good stuff. We cover starting a business, healthy and delicious food, hormones, relationships, infertility and much more.
Love the podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review!