Dr. Eric Forman – Fertility 101 + What To Know About Fertility Treatment
#35: In today’s episode, we are chatting with our fertility doctor, Eric Forman.
Dr. Forman is the medical laboratory director at Columbia University Fertility Center and he oversees the IVF laboratory there. He helped us get pregnant with both Ezra and his baby brother and we love love everyone at the Columbia University Fertility Center. Dr. Forman fills us in on everything we need to know about fertility treatment and the dozens of techniques they have to help couples conceive.
A preview of what we dive into in today’s episode:
- When it is “the time” to go and see a fertility specialist?
- What are the most common reasons for infertility?
- What to expect when you go to a fertility doctor
- What tests are done to check on female and male fertility?
- What the difference between IUI and IVF is?
- If birth control actually impacts your fertility overtime
- When to see a doctor if your period doesn’t return post birth control
- If your diet and lifestyle will impact fertility
- Premature Ovarian Insufficiency and how to handle
- PCOS and what this means for fertility
- If you can conceive naturally for another child after doing IVF or IUI
- Male infertility and how that is handled
- Who makes a good candidate for egg freezing?
Get inspired by the ‘Good Stuff’
I chat with CEOs, founders, wellness experts, cooks, bloggers and other impactful people who love sharing some good stuff. We cover starting a business, healthy and delicious food, hormones, relationships, infertility and much more.
Love the podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review!