Dr. Jolene Brighten – What is “Normal”?, The Orgasm Gap, Female Hormones + Normalizing the Hormone Conversation
#81: In this episode of Just The Good Stuff we are joined by Dr. Jolene Brighten. Dr. Brighten is a hormone expert, nutrition scientist, and thought leader in women’s medicine.
Dr. Jolene Brighten is board certified in naturopathic endocrinology and trained in clinical sexology. Dr. Brighten is the author of Is This Normal, a non-judgemental guide to creating hormone balance, eliminating unwanted symptoms, and building the sexual desire you crave. A fierce patient advocate and completely dedicated to uncovering the
root cause of hormonal imbalances, Dr. Brighten empowers women worldwide to take
control of their health and their hormones through her website and social medical
channels. Dr. Brighten is an international speaker, clinical educator, and medical advisor
within the tech community.
Dr. Brighten was previously a guest on Just The Good Stuff (Episode 29) to chat about Post Birth Control Syndrome, getting your period back + all things female hormones.
Here are some of the topics we discuss in this episode:
- Why Dr. Brighten wanted to write her new book Is This Normal?
- Busting some of the stereotypes of the female anatomy
- Why is it that so many of us don’t understand how the basics of our hormones work or even what the correct names are for all the parts down there?
- What is the orgasm gap?
- What are some of the reasons for the gap?
- What we learned in our health/sex ed classes from high school
- How to and when to introduce your children to these topics about their bodies to finally break this cycle?
- If people have been trained to think something is abnormal, what are some tips/tricks/steps they can make to change that mindset?
- Are people around the world experiencing the same thing about their bodies or is this a US cultural issue?
- Tips and advice to feel good with your sex life postpartum
+ SO much more!
This episode is sponsored by LMNT!!! Low key freaking out that LMNT is a SPONSOR! I have been using their killer electrolyte hydration packets for forever and they’re a dream partner of mine. I swear by them and they have no sugar, no artificial anything and they have the most delicious flavors. You can get a FREE SAMPLE PACK with *this link* no code needed! http://DrinkLMNT.com/Rachel
Get inspired by the ‘Good Stuff’
I chat with CEOs, founders, wellness experts, cooks, bloggers and other impactful people who love sharing some good stuff. We cover starting a business, healthy and delicious food, hormones, relationships, infertility and much more.
Love the podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review!