My Own Journey with Food, Body Image + Disordered Eating
#48: In this episode I share more on my own personal journey with food.
Starting from my teenage years until now.
A preview of what we dive into in today’s episode:
My food story:
- Have you ever struggled with an eating disorder?
- Biggest turning point in your relationship with food and you arrived there?
- Did you ever struggle with binge eating?
- What were some disordered thoughts/rules that you cant believe went through your mind?
- What was the last straw before your realized there’s more than dieting and restricting?
- How was jordan as a partner during this time?
- Did pregnancy effect your relationship with food and body image?
My advice around food:
- When did you know you were “recovered”?
- How to reveal your ED secret? What do you say?
- How did you get past food fear/trauma?
- How to overcome restrictive eating?
- Did you count calories before and how did you break away from it?
- How do you get over counting calories?
- How did you come to terms with eating enough to fuel your body and not comparing it to others?
- How did you overcome fear of gaining weight?
- Did you experience any weight gain when you were working towards healing your relationship with food?
- Ways to shut down diet talk by your friends? Especially in college
- Any advice you have for girls in their 20s just to live life and love all it has to offer?
Food + I today:
- How is your current relationship with food? Is there more to change?
- Does food ever make you anxious?
- Do you have guilt/embarrassment about foods?
- How do you stay so thin?
- Do you feel like you ‘go lucky’ with your thin body and ability to still eat lots of yummy sweet?
- Do you fight feelings of food guilt?
- How many desserts do you eat daily realistically?
- How has your relationship with food changed since having children?
- Do you ever have disordered eating thoughts resurface?
Get inspired by the ‘Good Stuff’
I chat with CEOs, founders, wellness experts, cooks, bloggers and other impactful people who love sharing some good stuff. We cover starting a business, healthy and delicious food, hormones, relationships, infertility and much more.
Love the podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review!