My Decision To Cut Out Alcohol 4+ Years Ago
#61: In this episode, I am sharing why I decided to stop drinking 4 years ago and my perspective on living alcohol free.
I discuss my history with alcohol and my adolescence/relationship with drinking and share why this has been a huge benefit in my life. But also why I don’t expect everyone to hop on board the sober curious lifestyle.
A preview into some of the listener questions on cutting out alcohol and some topics we discuss below:
- Why did I stop drinking alcohol?
- When did I know you needed to quit? Was it a hard realization?
- What positive changes have I seen since stopping?
- If I could go back, would I have cut out alcohol earlier?
- Did my friend group change when I stopped drinking?
- What is your go-to non alcoholic drink?
- Have I noticed a change in my health since stopping?
- Does Jordan wish I still drank?
- Do you think I say no to events that are centered around alcohol?
- Do I ever feel like you’re missing out on social situations?
- Do people ever look at me funny for not drinking?
- How do I approach it with friends who love to drink?
- My tips for dating and being sober
- Thought on splitting the bill evenly with friends when eating out?
- How do I address questions when you’re around a group of people who don’t get why you stopped drinking?
- How do I find other social ways to see friends without getting a drink?
- Do I smoke weed instead?
- Do I think I will ever start drinking again?
For more from me, I’m over on IG @rachLmansfield, tiktok @rachLmansfield and rachLmansfield.com
Get inspired by the ‘Good Stuff’
I chat with CEOs, founders, wellness experts, cooks, bloggers and other impactful people who love sharing some good stuff. We cover starting a business, healthy and delicious food, hormones, relationships, infertility and much more.
Love the podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review!