MAJOR confusion babes.
I do not like Thai food.
Yes, that is right. I do not like Thai food. The spices and sauces give me a major tummy ache and I just can’t seem to jump on the Thai take out bandwagon. It’s a little odd if you ask me that I don’t like a lot of Thai food since nuts are a common ingredients their dishes. I have a feeling it is something in the oils and such they use but who knows.
Since I don’t order Pad Thai out, I wanted to make an easy and clean Pad Thai recipe for us to enjoy.
This Pad Thai Zoodle recipe is completely plant-based and gluten-free. Plus it is ready in less than 10 minutes, so it doesn’t get much easier than that.
It also has the perfect crunch inside thanks to Diamond Nut’s Shake & Spoon varieties. The Shake & Spoon varieties are completely raw and unsalted nuts that you can add to anything. I have been using it in my oats, chia puddings, on banana bread (wait until you see that one) and more. It is basically my version of salt & pepper shakers. They have 4 varieties: chopped walnuts, finely diced walnuts, chopped pecans and sliced almonds. They are all non-GMO, and with no sodium in them, it is seriously a dream come true.
I used a mix of the sliced almonds and finely diced walnuts in these Pad Thai Zoodles. I know most come with peanuts but since I used almond butter as part of the sauce, it went so, so well together.
I used zoodles as the noodle base but feel free to use whatever noodles you prefer. You can also add some extra protein like tofu, fish, etc. right on top!
[bctt tweet=”10-minute Pad Thai made with ZOODLES!” username=”rachLmansfield”]
10-minute Pad Thai Zoodles
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of creamy almond or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce or hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
Rest of the ingredients
- 1 egg, whisked (omit if plant based)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of Diamond Shake & Spoon Nuts (I used almonds and walnuts)
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Noodles: 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside
- Heat a medium skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and begin sautéing onion
- Add in the whisked egg and mix around to break it up
- Once cooked for a minute, add in sauce followed by zoodles and cook for a couple minutes
- Add in Diamond Shake & Spoon nuts and chopped scallions and cook for another minute
- Pour into two bowls and enjoy!
Thank you Diamond Nuts for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!