It is safe to say that Jord and I eat tuna at least 4x a week over here.
I was always so neurotic about eating tuna because I thought it was too high in mercury and I’d get mercury poison and be sick. Dramatic, yes but it was what I always thought. Then poor Jord would beg me to buy tuna and I’d refuse.
Until I found Safe Catch. The best canned tuna you can find. It is the lowest mercury of any tuna and they are the only brand to test every fish for mercury. Plus their tuna tests as pure as wild salmon unlike any other tuna brand. And Safe Catch is hand cut, slow cooked and they hand pack each can.
It is pretty much impossible to get bored of their tuna too because they have so many varieties. Their Seasoned Elite Wild Tuna comes in a handful of flavors like: Cajun, Tandoori, Chili Lime, etc. They also have plain Elite Wild Tuna and Wild Albacore Tuna for us.
My favorite way to eat tuna salad is what I am sharing with you guys today. Tahini + Hemp Seed Tuna Salad on Crispy Toast.
It is super easy to make and is super satisfying. The crispy bread, tahini and tuna combo is just on point. I recently started using tahini with my tuna and it adds such delicious flavor and really switches things up from the typical carrot, onion, celery tuna salad.
You can use any of Safe Catch’s varieties for it too!
WHAT YOU NEED
Bread of choice (I used sour dough)
Avocado oil or butter or ghee
Mayo (this paleo one is yummy!)
Tahini + Hemp Seed Tuna Salad on Crispy Toast
- 4 pieces of sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter or avocado oil
- 2 cans Safe Catch Tuna
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons mayo of choice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Sprinkle of hemp seeds
- 4 large romaine hearts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spread desired amount of butter or avocado oil on each slice of bread
- Add to oven right on the rack or on a baking tray and toast for about 5-10 minutes (until your liking)
- While toast cooks
- Toast in the oven at 400 degrees until crispy
- In a medium bowl, mix together tuna, mayo, tahini and lemon juice
- Mash with a fork so that it is well combined
- Smear a layer of tahini on the toast
- Add each romaine heart to the toast followed by tuna and sprinkle hemp seeds
- Enjoy immediately!
Thank you Safe Catch Foods for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!