They’re HERE! My 6-ingredient Vegan Chocolate Scones are finally here on the blog and ready for you to whip up ASAP.
I’m not a huge scone person but these chocolate ones are turning me into one. I also have never met something chocolatey that I didn’t like and devour in 10 seconds.
But for real, these Vegan Chocolate Scones are so simple and easy to make. They’re gluten-free, refined sugar-free and almost taste like a pancake in scone form. They’re low in sugar and 100% acceptable to enjoy any time of the day. I used my leftovers and made yogurt bowls (of course) filled with some fresh fruit, granola for a crunch and some nut butter drizzle.
Have you guys caught on to my yogurt bowl trend yet? HA!
This recipe is something you can make early in the week to have to snack on during work or school. Or it is a great recipe to make for friends coming over for brunch or for your family with breakfast. Freeze leftovers for later if it is just you! These stay good for awhile in the freezer.
In this recipe I use coconut oil instead of the usual butter making these dairy-free. You need solidified coconut oil for this and I love using Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. It is the dreamiest for baking and really any coconut oil use. You can also melt it and use it as liquid coconut oil when you need! Using solidified coconut oil better replicates butter when you’d use softened butter in a recipe (little tip for ya!).
Garden of Life as you know is one of my besties. I love their brand and products and how I can trust they are organic, non-GMO and made with quality ingredients. I use their vitamins, chia seeds, flax seeds, everything! Plus they have some exciting innovations like their essential oils that are launching! We are planning an epic event for October in Miami so all my Miami friends, keep an eye out!Print
6-ingredient Vegan Chocolate Scones
6-ingredient Vegan Chocolate Scones made with coconut oil, gluten-free oat flour and other healthy and delicious ingredients! The easiest homemade scones ready in 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8 scones 1x
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour or sprouted spelt flour or almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar (add more if you want sweet scones!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (do not use liquid coconut oil – only solidified)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nut milk of choice
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Combine dry ingredients besides chocolate and mix well
- Add the chilled coconut oil to dry ingredients and cut into the dry ingredients. I used my hand but you can also use a fork
- Stir in the nut milk and gently mix (not too rough)
- Knead the dough a few times then add to a floured surface and roll out into 1 inch thick circle
- Sprinkle chocolate on top then slice into 8 scones and transfer to baking sheet
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes
Will stay good in airtight container for 3-5 days. Or you can freeze for months or store in fridge for a week.
Thank you Garden of Life for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!