Double Chocolate Oatmeal Pancakes for a delicious gluten & dairy-free breakfast
Wake up. Eat pancakes. Doesn’t get any better than that ya feel?
Every morning we have “extra” time to make breakfast in the morning (aka not eat something I prepped a day or so before), J always requests pancakes. I personally think he does it for the maple syrup but hey, who am I to judge?
I have also been obsessed with pancakes since I was a little nugget. My mom would make me banana chocolate chip pancakes for as long as I can remember. It wasn’t your typical pancake stack though. It was 1 flipping huge pancake that fit just perfectly on the plate. I always ate the center of it first and saved those crispy edges for last. Anyone else obsessed with the butter crisped edges of pancakes? So dang good.
These Double Chocolate Oatmeal Pancakes will 100% satisfy your pancake cravings AND they will even fuel you for the morning. No carb coma over here or sugar high. Just like all my pancakes 🙂
I use oat flour and cacao with simple ingredients to make these extra wholesome and healthy for us.
WHAT YOU NEED
Egg or flax egg
Dark chocolate chips
- These pancakes are so easy to whip up and they freeze/stay well in the fridge. Feel free to make a batch and eat throughout the week.
- If you don’t want to use oat flour, gluten-free flour should work as well
- Get creative with toppings or mix-in’s. Nuts, berries, etc. would all be amazing in these!
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
Yield: About 10-12 pancakes 1x
- 1.5 cups oat flour (oatmeal blended to flour)
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1.5 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (can sub flax egg)
- 1 + 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine oat flour, oatmeal, caco powder and baking powder
- Add milk, egg, coconut oil, vanilla to dry mix
- Let the batter thicken for about 5 minutes (do not stir)
- Fold in dark chocolate chips
- Heat your pan to medium and grease with coconut oil
- Place spoonful (about 2 tablespoons) of batter for each pancake onto your pan
- Cook on one side until the top starts to slightly bubble
- Flip over and cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until ready
- Drizzle with maple syrup and voila!
- Category: gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: pancakes, breakfast