Some crave deep dish pizza, and some crave a big deep dish PALEO BROWNIE!
Right now (and usually) I choose the later. Especially now that this Paleo Deep Dish Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie recipe is finally here and on the blog!
With so many of us having holiday entertaining and parties to go to, it can be overwhelming and stressful trying to find the “perfect” dessert recipe to bring with you. I obviously think any dessert from the blog to whip up but if you really want something that will freak out your chocolate lovers and have everyone swooning, this recipe is calling your name.
Brownies are the best no matter which way you slice it, but when they are double the thickness and double the amount of chocolate as your usual brownie, they tend to overpower other recipes.
This Paleo Deep Dish Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie is made with simple ingredients like coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce, almond flour and has zero refined sugars in it. I use coconut sugar in the mix and for the chocolate, we are baking with Hu Kitchen’s dark chocolate bars (duh). My go-to refined sugar-free option always. And you can really use any of their flavors in this. I personally think the Salty Dark Chocolate is best in this recipe to keep things simple, but if you have the Cashew Butter & Vanilla Bean on hand – go for it! It will taste delicious.
By now you know about my love affair and obsession for Hu Kitchen. We have made a few different recipes with their dark chocolate on the blog and that brownie bread from September? Ya, that pretty much shut down the blog for the night because everyone was going as crazy as I was after tasting it!
Don’t forget to share your Paleo Deep Dish Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie with me on Instagram when you bake it. And incase you are craving some more Hu goodness, check out these recipes: Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cake, Paleo Dark Chocolate Brownie Bread and The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake.Print
Paleo Deep Dish Double Chocolate Chunk Brownies
Paleo Deep Dish Double Chocolate Chunk Brownies made with all gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free ingredients for an epic brownie recipe!
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 pasture-raised eggs (haven’t tested flax egg)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cup almonds flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (do not recommend maple syrup – needs the grainy consistency)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate bar, fully melted
- 1 Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate bar, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 to 10 inch skillet or pie dish with coconut oil
- Mix together the coconut oil, applesauce, milk, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy
- Mix in the almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking powder until smooth and creamy with no clumps
- Mix in the melted dark chocolate then fold in the dark chocolate chunks and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes
- Slice into pieces and enjoy!
Will stay good in airtight container for 5 days or freezer for 2 months