An EPIC Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cake made with gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients!
It is pumpkin season!!
This Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cake though is perfect for the pumpkin lovers or the haters. I gave a slice to Jordan and he had no clue there was even pumpkin in it! It adds just the right creamy and moist consistency but the flavor isn’t overwhelming at all. Plus whenever you add chocolate to something, it tends to overpower most of the other flavors, ya know?
I had my Dad try this recipe too and he said it is one of his favorites from the blog ever. Massive compliment coming from the traditional dessert king who doesn’t usually fancy the healthier alternatives.
I love that this Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cake is a crowd pleaser for everyone. It is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and has no refined sugar in it. I use a mix of organic unsweetened pumpkin (make sure you get unsweetened, it is such a waste of sugar if not!), creamy almond butter and coconut oil for the wet ingredients. You can use flax egg or pasture raised eggs, so feel free to make this recipe plant-based if needed.
Now let’s start baking this big mama pumpkin cookie cake..
I also use almond flour and a mix of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides for the dry ingredients. I love using both of these ingredients in my recipes because you get some extra healthy fats from the almond flour and protein from the collagen peptides. Plus since I started using collagen peptide a few years ago, my hair has grown tremendously and it helps with digestion, joint health and adds extra protein to anything (more on that here). I use Vital Proteins and their many varieties of collagen they offer. The best part is you don’t even taste it. It also dissolves right into anything and doesn’t work as a thickener.
If you guys make this recipe, don’t forget to share with me on social media! I love love love seeing what you guys bake at home and it also helps inspire what new recipes to test for you soon. Here are a few of my other go-to recipes with Vital Proteins: 4-ingredient Blueberry Collagen Jam, Easy Collagen Breakfast Crepes and Sweet Potato Brownies.
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cake
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cake made with gluten-free ingredients for a naturally sweetened, dreamy pumpkin cookie recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 slices 1x
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter
- 1/3 cup liquid oil of choice (coconut, avocado and hemp all work!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic pumpkin puree
- 2 pasture-raised eggs (or sub flax egg)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond Flour (I haven’t tested other flours! Sub at your own risk!)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or break up a chocolate bar – code RACHL15 !!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a round baking dish well (8 inch – 10 inch will both work but bake times will vary)
- In a large bowl mix together nut butter, oil, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract with a mixer (I used Kitchen Aid hand mixer)
- In another large bowl add almond flour, coconut sugar and baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well and fold in dark chocolate
- Pour onto baking dish and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes (it will be crunchy on outside and soft cookie center!)
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes until cutting! Enjoy on its own or with ice cream and toppings
Will stay good for about 5 days on counter or store in fridge for longer, you can also freeze it for a couple months
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!