Banana bread strikes again babes. Except this time it is even better (like I never even thought that was possible).
Banana bread is here in COOKIE SKILLET form you guys. We are combining two of life’s greatest gifts, banana bread + cookies into one grain-free, dairy-free and low sugar recipe. Yet I promise despite what I just said about all the “free’s” it still tastes absolutely dreamy.
It is no surprise that I have a love affair with both banana bread’s and cookies as you can see on the blog. I am constantly craving one or the other and when I was doing my 21 day elimination diet (aka NO bananas) I was going threw serious withdrawals.
Luckily when I reintroduced bananas, nothing bad happened. I felt great, had energy, and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Strawberries and nightshade though are a different story (will share more about this soon!).
This was the first banana recipe I made and ate when I was reintroducing bananas again and I basically went b-a-n-a-n-a-s over it when I took my first slice. Just the right amount of sweetness in this banana bread cookie skillet and it isn’t overpowering banana-y. It is the perfect mix of banana meets cookie meets chocolate.
Not to mention there are also three types of chocolate in this recipe all from Enjoy Life Foods. My staple allergy-friendly baking chocolate in the pantry. Also known as the bag I tend to graze handfuls from when visiting my pantry during the day. Those dark chocolate morsels and the mini chips know the way to my heart.
What I love most about Enjoy Life Foods is what they stand for as a brand. Their products are free of gluten, peanuts, soy, casein, wheat, dairy, egg, potato and more. They are free of the “top 8 allergens”. All non-GMO and they make a variety of products in addition to baking chocolates like baking mixes, cookies, seed & nut mixes, and more. Enjoy Life Foods was one of the first brands I started buying when I began baking healthier recipes, and needless to say they have a warm place in my heart, always a spot in my pantry and most importantly a spot in this banana bread cookie skillet! I partnered with them for Celiac Awareness Month and am so excited for you guys to try this.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup of mashed banana (about 2 ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter (i used almonds)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (I used Enjoy Life Food's chunks, mini's and dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cast-iron skillet with coconut oil (mine is about 12 inches wide, you can also use a pie dish!)
- Add mashed banana, coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl and mix with hand mixer or very well with wooden spoon/spatula
- Add in almond flour, baking soda and mix again
- Fold in dark chocolate and add to greased skillet
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and bake in oven for 20 minutes
- *Will stay good for 5 days or you can freeze for longer!
Thank you Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!