Did anyone else used to get the chocolate cookie dough bites at the movie theater?! One of my top 3 favorite candies growing up and I’d always crave them when heading to the movies. It was really one of the only places around that sold them and it felt like I was eating something so rebellious since we couldn’t eat actual cookie dough (even though I did…oops).
Today we are making these Golden Chocolate Cookie Dough Crack Bars on the blog and they are taking me back to the cookie dough bite days. They are perfectly fudgy, chocolatey and taste like raw cookie dough except there’s nothing to be feeling guilty about eating them.
I made these using just a few simple ingredients like gluten-free oat flour, creamy nut butter, sweetened with manuka honey or maple syrup and let’s not forget about the plant-based protein powder. You can add protein powder really to any recipe like you would flour. One of the coolest baking tricks I have learned over the years. Plus I recently was able to try ALOHA’s newest protein powder formula and I am obsessed. They will be sharing more on the formula changes soon, so stay tuned.
But in the meantime, you guys have heard me talk about ALOHA a lot in the past. I love love their protein powder. There are 18g of protein and 3g of sugar per serving, plus their products don’t have any soy, dairy or stevia. It is pretty rare to find a protein powder without stevia and if you are particular like Jord, stevia isn’t your friend. ALOHA creates a delicious option that adds solid protein to the recipe and the vanilla flavor tastes like CAKE! It isn’t chalky at all and doesn’t leave any after taste like many other powders do.
Don’t forget to share these Golden Chocolate Cookie Dough Crack Bars with me on Instagram if you make them too. They’re such an easy no-bake dessert that you can keep on hand and since there is added protein, they’re a perfectly acceptable snack in my book! And they were made after my original cookie dough crack bars – still one of my faves!
Golden Chocolate Cookie Dough Crack Bars
Cookie dough layer
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup ALOHA Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons manuka honey or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons creamy nut butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
Dark chocolate layer
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, protein powder, turmeric, cinnamon, vanilla extract, manuka honey, coconut oil and nut butter and mix together until creamy
- Fold in dark chocolate then add to a greased 8x8 baking dish (or line with parchment paper)
- Firmly press down to form the cookie dough into the dish then melt the dark chocolate, pour on top of cookie dough and evenly spread across
- Add to freezer for 30-40 minutes to set then slice into bars and enjoy!
- Store in freezer until eating. Will stay for a couple months
- These are lower in sugar so if you'd like sweeter bars add a bit of maple syrup to taste
Thank you ALOHA for partnering for this post! It means so much to me to collaborate with brands I love and believe in!