YOU GUYS. I have been counting down the days to share these bars with you.
They’re not just any bars either but Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Crack Bars. Basically everything we crave in one deliciously perfect dessert or snack.
What I love about these bars is how rich and flavorful they are. And they are made with such simple ingredients and are so versatile! They satisfy all of our chocolate, cookie and fudge cravings in one recipe.
I use a variety of Bob’s Red Mill products in this one recipe, but the main star of the recipe though is their almond flour. I use Bob’s Red Mill almond flour quite often. It is a staple for my crispy chicken tenders, pancakes and various desserts on the blog, and now it is the base of these cookie dough crack bars!
I use almond flour often because I love how easy it is to cook with. It is also provides an extra source of fats, protein and fiber comparable to whole wheat and white flour.
When you make these cookie dough crack bars, I personally love to store them in the freezer so they stay extra crunchy and firm. The chocolate coating on top is SO good paired with the cookie dough center, I cannot wait for you to try these.
WHAT YOU NEED
Dark Chocolate (I used this brand)
Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Crack Bars (vegan + gf)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy nut butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (chips or bar)
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt flakes for topping
Cookie Dough Layer
Dark Chocolate Layer
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour and coconut sugar and mix well
- Add in coconut oil, creamy nut butter and mix again (I used Kitchen Aid)
- Fold in dark chocolate
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish or line with parchment paper then add dough layer to it and press down to form to dish
- Add to freezer and start making the chocolate layer
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil then pour on top of the cookie dough and freeze again
- After setting for about 40 minutes, slice into bars and enjoy
- *Store in freezer until eating. Will stay for a couple months
- **These are lower in sugar so if you'd like sweeter bars add a bit of maple syrup to taste
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!