Sharing The Best Ever Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars made with all nut-free, gluten-free and vegan ingredients for an easy and healthy no-bake dessert.
A couple years ago I shared my Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Crack Bars. Since then they have become one of the most popular recipes on the blog. And they’re always a crowd pleaser when I make them for friends and family!
I have been meaning to make a few changes to the original recipe to help them stay together a bit longer (aka not melt). And I also wanted to make a nut-free option for those that have a nut allergy or just prefer using grain-based flours instead. I know nut-based flours tend to get really pricey for anyone on a budget and I want to make sure al of my recipes are feasible for anyone to make.
With that being said.. allow me to introduce to you “The Best Ever Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars”.
Made with simple and healthy ingredients that you guys likely already have on hand in your pantry.
I combine a mix of sunflower butter and creamy tahini for the usual nut butter addition in a recipe. This helps make the cookie dough base extra “doughy” and mixed with Garden of Life’s Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
For the flours and dry ingredients, I use gluten-free oat flour and Garden of Life’s Organic Ground Flaxseed and we use some coconut sugar for the sweetness. It’s of course optional to use coconut sugar if you’d prefer to keep things lower in sugar.
I recommend storing these in the freezer and letting them thaw out for a few minutes before biting into so they soften a little.
Hope you guys enjoy!Print
The Best Ever Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars
Sharing The Best Ever Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars made with all nut-free, gluten-free and vegan ingredients for an easy and healthy no-bake dessert!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix together the sunflower seed butter, tahini, coconut oil with a hand mixer or you can add to a food processor
- Next add in coconut sugar, flaxseed, oat flour until smooth and creamy (if it is to dry add in more oil or seed butter – consistency varies based off the brand used and how creamy it is!)
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and add the cookie dough batter and press down to form the bars
- Melt the dark chocolate chips (I used microwave) then spread evenly on top of cookie dough
- Add to freezer to set for about 1 hour then slice and enjoy!
*These can be stored in the fridge for a few days or freezer for a couple of months. I recommend letting the bars thaw out for a few minutes before eating from freezer
Thank you Garden of Life for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to partner and support brands I love and believe in!