Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies made with all paleo and vegan ingredients. These are the best ever healthy ginger cookies made with coconut flour, molasses and they’re ready in 15 minutes!
The number 1 most requested cookie recipe ever on the blog: GINGER COOKIES.
I tested these 2 days ago and they came out soft and pillowy and a little chewy and perfect. I am so excited to be sharing them with you guys today!
The softest ginger cookies ever that are paleo and vegan are here.
But really.. these cookies are like little clouds of gingery heaven. And as someone who doesn’t even love gingerbread cookies, these basically converted me over. I am obsessed with dipping these cookies into nut milk now after dinner. But full disclosure: I still have some chocolate on the side because I can’t eat dessert without something chocolatey!
Now let’s chat more about these healthy soft and chewy ginger cookies.
These cookies are ready in just 15 minutes too. And they don’t require any refrigeration or anything before baking and you will only dirty one bowl when you bake them. Healthy cookies that aren’t going to make a huge mess. And they actually taste kicka$$.
Oh and did I mention they are super allergy friendly? They are grain-free, gluten-free, vegan and paleo! However they can also be made nut-free if you used tahini for nut butter. Although I do think that almond and pecan is best here.
Now let’s run through the ingredients you need to make these cookies:
- Creamy nut butter. You can use almond butter, pecan butter or cashew butter here. Really any creamy nut butter. But I do think almond and pecan works the best for flavor! Not too overpowering and adds the best consistency.
- Coconut oil. Just a little solidified. Not in liquid form but not hard as a rock. I keep mine next to the oven so it usually is always in solidified form. Kind of like softened butter consistency!
- Molasses. A staple for any gingerbread type of recipe.
- Coconut sugar. How we sweeten these cookies and we also coat them in a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Flax egg. I use ground flax seeds with water for the “eggs” here. I haven’t tested any regular egg so please sub at your own risk!
- Coconut flour. I haven’t tested another flour here. I don’t recommend using almond here as coconut flour isn’t a 1:1 sub (more on that in this blog post)
- Spices. A mixture of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
For even more of my favorite cookie recipes, head on over this epic holiday cooke round up!Print
The Best Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies (paleo + vegan)
Healthy ginger cookies made with all paleo, vegan and gluten-free ingredients. A delicious ginger cookie recipe ready in 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 9 cookies 1x
- 2 tablespoons solidified coconut oil (softened like butter)
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter (almond, cashew and pecan work best)*
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, nut butter, molasses, coconut sugar, flax eggs and vanilla extract until creamy
- Mix in the remaining cookie ingredients and stir until full combined (no clumps)
- Mix the coating ingredients in small bowl
- Spoon about 2-3 spoonfuls of dough into your hands to form the cookies
- Press down slightly (these don’t rise/expand much) then roll into the coconut sugar coating and place onto baking sheet (repeat for each cookie)
- Bake in oven for about 10-12 minutes
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
*Peanut would be a bit overpowering taste wise but it works
*I haven’t tested other flours
**Store leftovers in airtight container for 5 days for freezer for longer