Easy Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies that are grain-free and gluten-free made with 6 healthy ingredients.
Happy national cookie season ya’ll.
We are making some suuuriously delicious recipes on the blog for the holidays over the next few weeks, and these coconut flour chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorites to bake and eat while I watch a million holiday movies.
They are made with 6 simple ingredients. Plus these cookies are also very doughy, soft and aren’t too rich or heavy. They also have some extra good goods for you. Can you guess what it is?
MARINE COLLAGEN! Heck yes. Recently at my healthy holiday baking class in NYC, I included Vital Proteins collagen in the goodie bags. A lot of people at the class were asking me a ton about collagen. Why I take it, how I use it, etc. I usually just have it with hot water with lemon or in my tea but I love baking with it even more. It gives recipes an extra boost that you seriously DO NOT taste at all.
Vital Proteins marine collagen is my go-to collagen. It helps support healthy digestive system, hair skin and nails, joint health and more. Anything that is supposed to be good for your hair wins 100 points in my book. But I do believe it has help tremendously (as has a balanced diet) because my hair has gotten so much thicker and longer over the past year.
And I promise you will not taste the collagen in these cookies either.
I love this cooke recipe because they are made with coconut flour and only 6 ingredients!
They are grain, gluten and dairy-free. Plus they are made with almond butter, coconut sugar and pasture-raised butter. You can likely use coconut oil in place of the butter too.
These cookies are little on the smaller side, so you don’t have to feel guilty eating 2-3 with your almond milk at the end of the day. I may or may not have finished this batch in under a week (no shame).
You can also freeze some and microwave a little to get that soft cookie consistency. I always freeze cookies to “save them for later then I just end up microwaving them frozen because I need cookies every night.. oops.
Coconut flour chocolate chip cookie FAQ:
- Does coconut flour dry out the cookies? If you don’t follow this recipe, exactly it definitely can. As long as you use the recommended amount of eggs, butter and nut butter, your cookies won’t be dry at all!
- Does coconut flour have an overpowering taste? It subtly tastes like coconut. I do think that the chocolate chips and nut butter bring out a bit more flavor in these than coconut flour does. If you have a strong aversion to coconut, try make these Soft and Chewy Banana Bread Cookies instead! Another favorite of mine.
- Is coconut flour easy to bake with? Not really, ha! It is a bit of a temperamental flour. Here is a bit more info on how I use it. The more you use it in the kitchen, the more familiar you will get with it. It adds great healthy fats to a recipe and I love that it is a grain-free and nut-free flour to use.
Let me know if you try these cookies and what you think! And most importantly, tell me if you use Vital Protein in them!
Easy Coconut Flour Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3 eggs at room temperature (this is key)
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter (code RACHL for free shipping)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (coconut oil should work)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins (can omit but I recommend for extra boost!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips (code RACHL for free shipping!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together wet ingredients in medium bowl with mixer until creamy
- Add in dry ingredients and mix again
- Line baking tray with parchment paper or grease well
- Roll dough into balls about 2 tablespoons per cookie, and flat and place onto tray
- Place tray in fridge for about 10 minutes to chill
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes
- *Will stay good in fridge for about 5-7 days or freeze for longer in airtight container
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!