Paleo Crispy Sesame Chicken Tenders with Spicy Honey Sauce are ready in just 20 minutes and they are gluten-free, nut-free and made with healthy ingredients like ground flaxseed, coconut flour and sesame seeds.
Okay okay.. I don’t mean to toot my own horn. But these crispy sesame chicken tenders are something else!
You guys know I am all about the crispy chicken life. It is basically the only way to get me to even eat chicken. And this new recipe is on my mind 24/7. I think Jord and Ezra are going to freak if I make it again, but they are so good!! Plus Ezra loves eating crispy chicken too (who can blame him). He doesn’t go ham on the spicy honey sauce yet, but one day.
We have now made many varieties of crispy chicken in my cookbook and here on the blog. The Best Paleo Buffalo Chicken Nuggets (Whole 30), Healthier Crispy Paleo Chicken Tenders and the original The Best Crispy Avocado Oil Chicken Tenders (paleo) just to name a few.
These new Paleo Crispy Sesame Chicken Tenders though are nut-free, gluten-free and if the most insane sweet and spicy sauce like McDonald’s.
I don’t want to make bold claims and say that this recipe tastes just like McDonald’s, but this recipe does indeed remind me of chicken nuggets and their sweet and sour sauce they have.
What ingredients you’ll need to make these baked crispy paleo sesame chicken fingers:
- Chicken tenders or chicken breasts cut into smaller pieces
- Coconut flour – I haven’t tested another flour
- Ground flaxseed – such a unique way to use this power seed!
- Spices like paprika, garlic powder, sea salt + pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Wedderspoon manuka honey
- Siracha sauce
- Coconut aminos
Paleo Crispy Sesame Chicken Tenders with Spicy Honey Sauce
These Paleo Crispy Sesame Chicken Tenders with Spicy Honey Sauce are ready in just 20 minutes and they are gluten-free, nut-free and made with healthy ingredients like ground flaxseed, coconut flour and sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
Yield: Serves 3-4 1x
Sesame chicken tenders:
- 1 lb chicken tenders (or breasts cut into tenders)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I haven’t tested another flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
Spicy honey sauce:
- 1/4 cup Wedderspoon manuka honey
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce (adjust based off preference)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg
- In another shallow bowl, mix together the flaxseed, coconut flour and spices
- Dip 1 chicken tender into the egg and allow excess to drip off
- Then dip into the seed/flour mixture and evenly coat and add tender to baking sheet
- Repeat for each piece of chicken
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through
- While chicken cooks, mix together sauce ingredients in small bowl
- Serve while warm and dip in sauce