Buffalo Chickpea Nachos! This plate of spicy, buffalo, plant-based goodness is seriously about to change your nacho-eating game my friends.
I’m not a huge advocator of labels or any specific type of diet but the fact that we are making plant-base nachos today is something to chat about, you know? I recently started to limit my dairy intake for hormonal issues and it isn’t everyday you come across nachos that are dairy-free and actually taste good.
These BUFFALO nachos though, take nachos to a whole new level. They are filled with homemade cashew-queso dip, guacamole and most importantly the buffalo chickpeas!
Jord is pretty much obsessed/addicted to buffalo sauce. We have Tessemae’s buffalo sauce in our refrigerator at all times. Literally anything he eats he wants to add buffalo sauce. Eggs? Sure. Sandwich? Sure. Veggies? Sure. He either is really passionate about the sauce or my cooking just isn’t too good and needs to be masked, haha! Let’s hope for the first one.
I love using Tessemae’s buffalo sauce because of the ingredients and the flavor. It made with sunflower seed and olive oil, mustard, red peppers, garlic, lemon juice, distilled vinegar and sea salt. All ingredients you can pronounce and nothing creepy. It is even sugar-free too. I use this sauce in oh so many recipes like those Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings”, Buffalo Cauliflower Burgers and Crispy Buffalo Chickpea Salad. Are you sensing a theme?…
WHAT YOU NEED
Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce (mild or hot)
Tortilla chips (I used these, my favorite!)
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Nachos with Queso Sauce (plant-based)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 1 delicious plate 1x
- Category: vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free
- Cuisine: snack, appetizer
- 1–2 bags of your favorite tortilla chips (I love Siete Foods)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1–2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1/2 cup chunky tomato salsa (I used store bought)
- Buffalo chickpeas:
- 1 can of unsalted organic chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1/3 cup Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce
- Queso dip:
- 2/3 cup cashews (soaked in warm water over night)
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, add chickpeas and buffalo sauce and mix well
- Pour onto baking tray and bake in oven for about 30 minutes (or until chickpeas are crispy)
- Strain the cashews from the water and add to food processor or blender with the nutritional yeast, almond milk and water
- Blend until creamy and well combined (you may need more water or milk to thin it out)
- Mash avocado in a small bowl to make guacamole (you can add cilantro, onion, etc if you prefer)
- Begin assembling nachos with the chips, buffalo chickpeas, salsa, jalapeños and top with guacamole!
- Enjoy immediately
Thank you Tessemae’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!