Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Bars made with a cookie crust and topped with a cashew-less chocolate pie filling sweetened with maple syrup!
When you think of vegan cheesecake, you likely assume there is going to be a cashew cheesecake filling OR tofu filling.
But not today! We are whipping up a new plant-based cheesecake recipe that does not have cashews or tofu inside. I cannot wait for you guys to see what we use instead.
First up let’s talk about the peanut butter cookie crust happening in these cheesecake bars. You guys likely heard about the new Simple Mills Soft-Baked Cookies after Expo West (I wouldn’t stop talking about them). And now you see them all over social media because they are the best store bought cookies I have ever had. They are soft, flavorful and have that chewy consistency that Chips Ahoy had (I used to house the chew Chips Ahoys)
Simple Mill’s Soft-Baked Cookies come in four different flavors: peanut butter, snickerdoodle, chocolate chip, chocolate chip toasted coconut and they are all AMAZING. They have an almond flour base and are filled with ingredients like organic coconut sugar, organic coconut oil and flax meal. All ingredients that you’d likely use at home if you were making a cookie. Just like all of Simple Mill’s products! You can order them on amazon here.
After we use the cookies for a crust, we top it off with a rich and chocolatey cheesecake filling made with cacao butter, nut milk and a couple other delicious and easy goods. I love that this recipe is also no bake so you don’t need to turn the oven on to whip them up and they don’t melt in 5 seconds when you take them out of the freezer (something I complain about with no bake desserts).
When you are done devouring these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Bars, try a few of my other favorite Simple Mill’s recipes here on the blog: 15-minute Paleo Bagels, Peanut Butter Brownie Loaf and Crispy PB&J Waffles.
- 2 boxes Simple Mills Soft Baked Peanut Butter Cookies
- 8 tablespoons melted grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Add the cookies to a food processor and pulse until they are crumbled in a flour-like consistency
- Add to a large bowl and mix the melted butter with a spoon until the dough forms
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- Scoop the crust into the dish and press down firmly with your hands
- Add the filling ingredients to the wiped up food processor and process until smooth and creamy
- Pour on top of the crust and add to the fridge to set overnight (or in the freezer for a few hours)
- Slice in bars and enjoy!
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week!
Thank you Simple Mills for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!