Healthier Copycat Butterfingers made just 4 ingredients. These are the easiest to whip up and they’re made with all gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients, no refined sugar and they’re vegan-friendly!
I first made these a couple weeks ago to bring out to my birthday weekend with my family. And needless to say they were gone after 2 days.
These butterfingers are a game changer you guys! SO simple and easy to make and they have the best crunch to them. You will be able to whip these up in no time and have a stash in the fridge or freezer for days (if they last that long…)
You guys know I love making our favorite candies into healthier versions. We have made Healthier Copycat Reese’s Eggs (vegan + gluten-free), Homemade Paleo Dark Chocolate Twix Bars + my “snickers” from Just the Good Stuff.
You’ll only need honey, nut butter, brown rice cereal and dark chocolate to make these healthy Butterfingers.
- Honey or maple syrup – I love using Wedderspoon Organic Manuka Honey in these! This one from Wedderspoon is the ONLY manuka honey in the U.S. that is also organic too.
- Creamy nut butter – I have used peanut butter and almond butter! Anything works consistency wise but I do think these two work the best from a flavor standpoint.
- Brown rice crisps cereal – these add the best crunch to the recipe and give them that butterfinger consistency.
- Dark chocolate – code RACHL for free shipping on my favorite chocolate!
If you make this recipe, share it with me over on Instagram!! I love seeing what you guys make at home 🙂Print
Healthier Copycat Butterfingers (gluten-free)
Healthier Copycat Butterfingers made just 4 simple ingredients. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan-friendly and have no refined sugar.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
- Warm the honey and nut butter over medium/low heat in a small sauce pan
- Mix well until well combined (only about 1-2 minutes)
- Pour into medium bowl then mix in the brown rice cereal and mix to fully combine
- Add mixture to fridge for about 15 minutes to firm a bit
- Begin melting chocolate in microwave or stovetop
- Form the butterfingers by taking about 2 spoonfuls into your hand and form into a bar shape and add to baking sheet lined with parchment paper and repeat for rest mixture
- Add to fridge to set for another 10-15 minutes
- Dip each into melted chocolate (I use a fork and spoon)
- Add to baking sheet and allow them to set a bit in the fridge or freezer
- Store these in the fridge for up to a week or freezer for longer