Gooooooood morning, Homemade Fluffy Paleo Pancake!
I am pretty sure making pancakes is one of my top 5 favorite hobbies. Call me crazy but there is nothing more satisfying than a fat stack of cakes. Sometimes I make my own, sometime I cheat and use a mix but no matter what, I’m devouring every single crumb and am in complete heaven. I also like to make double when I’m cooking some and saving them for later in the week. Most pancakes freeze really well (especially these) so feel free to double the batch and go to TOWN.
These pancakes I’m sharing with you today are one of my favorite pancake recipes yet. They are hands down the fluffiest homemade paleo pancakes I have ever made from scratch. They are very thick and not as thin like many of the other paleo pancakes I have seen.. And they are very simple allowing for any customization you are craving. Dark chocolate chips? Definitely. Organic blueberries? For sure. Sliced banana? DUH! You can even get crazy and do a mix of everything. All drizzled with endless maple syrup and some nut butter, puhlease.
For the cakes, I use a base of pasture-raised eggs (I haven’t tested flax egg here) with full-fat coconut milk and coconut oil. I do think the full-fat coconut milk is key here. The batter really needs that thicker liquid of sorts and regular non-dairy milk is a bit too thin. If you do try regular non-dairy milk, you may need to add in more flour but again, I recommend the full-fat coconut milk.
We are also using a mix of coconut flour and then some almond flour for the flours in the recipe. These are my two go-to paleo flour options and I love using them together in recipes since they compliment each other well. Coconut flour absorbs liquid very quickly aka why we need to use 3 eggs, oil and a decent amount of milk. I found that the almond flour helped bulk the recipe up a bit and then the pancakes are too overpowering with the coconut flavor. At first I tried these with all coconut flour and it was missing a little something to get them fluffy!
When you whip up these pancakes, please please flip them gently. They’re not as durable as my Fluffy Vegan Pancakes (grain-free flours for ya) but they do flip very nicely, just keep that in mind! I only ruined 1 out of the 8 when I made them and until I got an epic skillet, flipping pancakes was not a skill set of mine. I also highly recommend this non-toxic skillet. It has been a game changer for my pancake and quesadilla making over here!
Don’t forget to share these cakes with me over on Instagram when you make them! I cannot wait to see what you top them with and what mix-in’s you use.
6-ingredient Fluffy Paleo Pancakes
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (mixed and shaken - do not sub other milk, need creaminess)
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour (haven't tested another flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Whisk together the eggs and coconut milk in a large bowl until well combined
- Mix in the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth
- Add in the coconut flour, almond flour and baking powder and mix until smooth and creamy (don't over mix but you don't want clumps)
- Heat a skillet (I use this one) with grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil on medium heat
- Fold in any desired mix-in's to the pancake batter if desired (I love using chocolate chips and organic blueberries)
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter to the heated pan and gently form the pancake
- Cook for about 4 minutes on first side then flip (gently!)
- Repeat for remaining batter (I was able to cook about 4 pancakes at at time)
- Serve with desired toppings and ALL the maple syrup!
Pancakes will stay good in fridge for 5 days or you can freeze them for 2 months
Thank you Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post!