Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies made with all paleo and vegan ingredients. An easy and healthy extra doughy chocolate chip cookie ready in 15 minutes.
These Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are life changing.
You know that feeling when you finish dinner and immediately want something good for dessert? When a dark chocolate bar just isn’t going to cut it (aka me every day). Well these cookies are answering your prayers friends.
They are ready in just 15 minutes and made with just 7 key ingredients, making them super easy and quick to bake. Plus you only dirty one bowl in the kitchen, making this a minimal clean up to bake them.
These cookies have just the right amount of doughy consistency when you bite into them. Yet the outside as this crunchier texture. They are even very good frozen and dipped in nut milk if you can have will power and freeze some of them. But they also taste amazing warmed up and fresh out of the oven. I may or may not have burnt my fingers taking them off the baking sheet since I have zero patience when it comes to baking cookies.
If you have a holiday cookie exchange or anything that you need to bake cookies for, THESE are them. They are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. And they are paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free AND refined sugar-free!
Ingredients you need to bake these paleo cookies:
- Almond flour for the main flour. I haven’t tested subs here yet!
- Coconut flour as the secondary flour. It’s just a little bit, but it is needed to help with the consistency of the cookie.
- Creamy nut butter and you can use peanut butter, almond, cashew, anything you have on hand! The creamier the better!
- Maple syrup for the sugar. You can also use honey as well, but coconut sugar isn’t going to work, it’ll be a bit too grainy!
- Coconut oil in liquid form or you can melt and cool some solid coconut oil.
- Flax egg or egg to help bind this recipe. Either works
- Dark chocolate chips because DUH! And you can use the code RACHL for free shipping on these baking gems. They are my favorite.
Head on over to this blog post for more of my favorite cookies to bake!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (paleo + vegan)
Healthy chocolate chip cookies made with all paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients. Plus no refined sugars! The most doughy delicious chocolate chip cookie!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12-15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
Yield: 10-12 cookie 1x
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons warm water)*
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, nut butter, maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract until smooth
- Mix in the flours and baking powder until well combined then fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon about 2-3 spoonfuls of dough into your hands to form cookie and add to baking sheet
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes
- Allow the cookies to cool (if you can) then enjoy!
*Can sub pasture-raised egg
**Store leftovers in container for 5 days or freeze for a couple months