Easy Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Loaf that is grain & dairy-free
The easiest chocolate chip gingerbread loaf you are ever going to make and eat is HERE my friends. This is my very first gingerbread recipe in my life. True story. I have never made anything gingerbread related beside a gingerbread house but we all know I bought a kit at the store to make that.
Jord is a big gingerbread fan, I’m into it but definitely not one of those die-hard gingerbread lovers when the holiday season hits. This loaf though may have converted me. Probably because it is very subtle and the gingerbread isn’t overpowering at all. Plus it has dark chocolate chips in it so what’s not to love?
This gingerbread loaf is grain and dairy-free and it is so delicious, soft and cake-like, it tastes too sinful to be this clean. It is the ultimate holiday loaf for you to make for a breakfast gathering, tea time, anything!
One of my favorite brands, Simply Organic is encouraging everyone to participate in #ThursdayMoments. I am partnering with simply organic to celebrate “organic moments” throughout the holiday season. We want each of you to plan a regularly-scheduel escape with your closest friends, family members or anyone on Thursdays throughout the holiday season. Why Thursday? Well it is the day before the weekend and we all know that weekends during the holidays are seriously crazy. Crazy in a good way, yes but still we are jam packed with plans and things to do.
It is so important to have organic moments with others or even ourselves to really relax and do what your heart desires. For me personally, I want to have breakfast with Jord on Thursdays. How many of us have civilized breakfasts during the week? Um, no one. I want to serve holiday themed breakfast like this Gingerbread Loaf, it has all the best spices of the holiday season and it is perfect for sharing. You can serve it to your family or friends and even pair it with a warm beverage like a Mexican Hot Chocolate.
So whether it is having a delicious breakfast before work or school on Thursday’s or having some “me time” after work, let’s all dedicate some time on Thursday’s this season to do something we love and have our own organic moment.
I may or may not want to just make this Easy Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Loaf every Thursday until summer. Kidding… but not really 😉
Flourless Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Breakfast Loaf
Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 cup applesauce (I used unsweetened organic)
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter (or your preferred nut butter)
- 1/4 cup organic molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- Slash of Simply Organic vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 3/4 cup almond flour (do not sub another flour)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic cinnamon
- 1/3 dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a bread dish (I used 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5)
- Mix together wet ingredients in a medium bowl with a Kitchen Aid or very well with a hand mixer or wooden spoon
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well
- Fold in dark chocolate chips
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Enjoy within 5 days and keep in fridge or countertop in air tight container for ensured freshness, you can also freeze in tin foil for a couple months
- Category: grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free
- Cuisine: breakfast, snack
Thank you Simply Organic for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!
Hi Rachel! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas, recipes and great healthy life style with us! This recipe sounds scrumptious and I can’t wait to try it! My sister and nieces are sensitive to eggs particularly egg whites so do you know if using egg replacements will work in your recipe? Any suggestions on what may work? Thank you very much!
So excited to try this !! Can I use something else but apple sauce ?
Friday Top 3's: #17 – A Dancer's Live-It
[…] Easy Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Loaf – RachLMansfield Easy, breezy, beautiful. GINGERBREAD. This would be the perfect breakfast, […]
Can I use blackstrap molasses?
Did you say soft and cakey? Rachel, your creativity amazes me! I”m so thankful God made us to create and use all His resources to make such amazing food. You truly are an artist!
My Favorite Healthy Recipes from around the Internet this Week 10.30.16
[…] making this grain-free & dairy-free chocolate chip gingerbread loaf this […]
Oh my gosh I can’t wait to try this! Seems so easy!
MOOD: Pepitas de Chocolate – Food for my Mood
[…] Receita original adaptada d’aqui. […]
Mmm!!! Is there a sub for the applesauce? Maybe pumpkin?
yes should work
Friday Favorites: 12/30/16 – Key Ingredients
[…] Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Loaf […]
My Favorite Recipes Using Coconut Flour – rachLmansfield
[…] 9) Healthy Cookie Dough Truffles […]