Healthy Homemade Pizza Bagels made with all gluten-free and grain-free ingredients. A healthier version of a childhood classic we all love!
Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at supper time….
I have been signing this now for hours as I was editing these photos. And now I wish I had more pizza bagels to eat but we demolished these in a couple of days.
Where were these Healthy Pizza Bagels when I was a kid?!
I grew up eating so many pizza bagels. I was a very very picky eater so my mom had limited options when it came to making me food. Pizza bagels were one of the few things on rotation over here and I am not going to deprive Ezra of the childhood classic. We’ll just make these healthier homemade ones instead ya know?
My Paleo Everything Bagel Recipe is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. You can either make this one or the recipe that uses a mix to make them. They are gluten-free and grain-free. Both will work and taste absolutely delicious in this recipe.
I also love that you can easily dress these up or leave them plain. Add some veggies or pepperoni, anything you are craving. But now let’s run through the rest of the goods.
What you need to make Gluten-free Pizza Bagels:
- Your favorite bagel or bagel recipe (The Easiest Homemade Paleo Everything Bagels and 15-minute Homemade Paleo Bagels (gluten-free) are my personal faves for homemade)
- Go-to marinara sauce
- Favorite cheese (or non-dairy cheese)
- Any toppings you want!
These are one of Ezra’s favorites to eat along with The Easiest Savory Veggie Grain-free Biscuits, Paleo Japanese Sweet Potato and Zucchini Latkes and Healthier Crispy Paleo Chicken Tenders. OH and did I mention that there is a Paleo Everything BAGEL BREAD in Just the Good Stuff?!
Healthy Homemade Pizza Bagels (gluten-free)
These homemade pizza bagels are the BEST! Made with all gluten-free and grain-free ingredients. Very kid-friendly too!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- The Easiest Homemade Paleo Everything Bagels OR 15-minute Homemade Paleo Bagels (gluten-free) (or sub 6 small bagels of choice)
- 1/3 cup organic tomato sauce
- Cheese of choice (I used a ball of mozzarella but you can use shredded cheese or even non-dairy cheese!)
- Topping ideas: basil, pepperoni, sausage, veggies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice each bagel in half and spread them across baking sheet (sliced side facing up)
- Toast in oven for 5 minutes then remove from oven
- Top each bagel with sauce, cheese and desired toppings
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese gets bubbly and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days. These reheat really in oven