Veggie Grain-free Biscuits made with just 5 key ingredients. These savory biscuits are perfect for adults, kids, toddlers and they are ready in just 20 minutes. They are also nut-free and paleo.
These were one of the most spontaneous recipes I have whipped up yet.
Grain-free BISCUITS that just so happen to have broccoli in them and I may or may not have sprinkled some organic cheddar on top for extra something.
These biscuits are not only one of the cutest recipes ever, but they are absolutely perfect with your morning eggs, smeared with some butter or cashew cream cheese. They are also perfect to feed to your kids (Ezra loves them) and are a staple food prep recipe since you can also freeze them.
I have a classic biscuit recipe in Just the Good Stuff that I cannot wait for you guys to try. But I am also excited to have one over here on the blog.
I love that these biscuits are also nut-free, paleo (if you skip cheese) and they sneak in veggies! I use broccoli usually but you can really add anything. Some cooked carrots, peas, anything you have on hand. Usually there is a bag of frozen organic broccoli in my freezer so I tend to use that most often. You can also add in some onion for extra flavor too.
What you need to make these nut-free and grain-free coconut flour biscuits:
- Pasture-raised eggs. I don’t recommend using flax eggs here but if you do use it and have success, let me know!
- Melted butter, ghee or coconut oil. Any of these will work. I switch things up each time I make them. I noticed if I use oil, I sometimes need a little extra flour (only add 1 tablespoons at a time for extra).
- Coconut flour. I haven’t tested another flour here. Almond wouldn’t work well. I share a few of my other favorite recipes with coconut flour in this blog post.
- Veggies. Get creative! Any veggies will work. We love using broccoli.
- Optional: CHEESE. Totally don’t have to use it but I love adding organic cheddar or a non-dairy one
The Easiest Savory Veggie Grain-free Biscuits
Grain-free Biscuits made with just 5 key ingredients. These savory nut-free biscuits are perfect for kids, adults and toddlers. Plus they are ready in just 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 8-9 biscuits 1x
- 4 pasture-raised eggs*
- 1/4 cup melted ghee, butter or avocado oil (about 1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked organic broccoli, cut into pieces
- Optional: cheddar cheese or a non-dairy cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and ghee/butter/oil
- Mix in the coconut flour, garlic powder and baking powder until well combined
- Fold in broccoli pieces then scoop about 4 tablespoons into your hand and roll into a ball then slightly flatten the top to form biscuit. Repeat for the remaining batter
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes (if using cheese, sprinkle on top after 10 minutes of baking and let the cheese cook on top for last few minutes)
*I have not tested egg or flour substitutes
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days or freezer for longer
*Feel free to add in any other veggies too!