One-Bowl Healthy Vegan Brownies with a homemade peanut butter frosting for an easy gluten-free brownie recipe.
I had no intention of making these brownies to share with you guys today.
In fact I had another recipe idea for this post but when it came time to baking, I was all about brownies (again). I have been on a brownie kick for what feels like months. But I’m pretty sure it’s the best time of year to eat too many brownies and bake too many chocolatey treats, ya know?
These One-Bowl Healthy Vegan Brownies are topping with peanut butter frosting is best brownie combination.
A thick chocolatey brownie cake on the bottom topped with a rich and peanut buttery spread on top.. YUP
I love that these brownies are made in just one bowl. Aka less mess since we are also making frosting here and I didn’t want us to clean up a million bowls.
These brownies are also gluten-free, vegan and made with just 6 key ingredients. We use gluten-free oat flour, cacao powder, non-dairy milk and my favorite to add to brownies – melted dark chocolate chips or chunks. Such an easy way to get extra rich chocolatey flavor all up in the brownies. And it makes them even more *moist*.
The easiest homemade peanut butter icing is on top.
The peanut butter frosting is made with 4 ingredients like full-fat coconut milk, creamy peanut butter, tapioca flour (a must). And it’s sweetened with manuka honey making this frosting refined sugar-free. I use Wedderspoon’s Manuka Honey (obviously) and peanut butter to make the frosting. The tapioca flour cannot be subbed for anything other than arrowroot flour because it needs the thickening type of flour.
I made these brownies and served them to some friends and fam (or I would have housed the entire batch). And everyone was saying they are a mix of brownies and devil’s food cake. Best compliment I have gotten all day!
I hope you guys love these One-Bowl Healthy Vegan Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting as much as I do. If you are craving some other holiday desserts using Wedderspoon’s Manuka Honey, here are a few of my faves:Print
One-Bowl Healthy Vegan Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
One-Bowl Healthy Vegan Brownies with a homemade Peanut Butter Frosting for an easy and delicious gluten-free and refined sugar-free brownie recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 brownies 1x
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour (sub spelt or gluten-free all purpose if needed)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, oat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar and baking powder until evenly combined
- Add in the coconut oil, milk, vanilla extract and mix again to combine
- Mix in the melted dark chocolate so the batter gets even more rich and chocolatey
- Pour batter into baking dish and evenly spread then bake in oven for 22-25 minutes (or until toothpick turns out clean)
- While the brownies bake, make the frosting! Shake the coconut milk can and pour 1/2 of it into a medium bowl (save the other half for smoothies, oatmeal, anything!)
- Add in the creamy peanut butter and stir well
- Add in the flour and honey and stir well so a thicker frosting-like consistency is formed
- Once brownies are done and cooled a bit, spread the frosting on top and enjoy
Store brownies in airtight container on counter for 3 days or freeze for 2 months
Store leftover frosting in fridge for 1 week
Thank you Wedderspoon for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to spread the love about brands I love and believe in on the blog.