Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes for a deliciously healthy gluten-free and grain-free breakfast!
You ask for pumpkin and you get yourself some pumpkin friends!
Looking at my most recent recipes here on the blog, there has been a pretty reoccurring theme of fall-inspired recipes happening on the blog. Pumpkin truffles, granola, cheesecake and more. Oh and don’t forget that pumpkin round up..
Pancakes have been an absolute hit in our home and over on Instagram these days. And I am so excited to be sharing these pumpkin protein pancakes with you guys today! They have been my favorite fall breakfast I have been making and they are so simple to make, it is unreal.
These pancakes are pretty much Jord’s biggest nightmare because he cannot stand anything pumpkin-flavored. HA! Stinks to be him during the fall season. More pancakes for us, right?
Or more like more pumpkin pancakes for me!
Now let’s make some almond flour pumpkin CAKES!
So I have found that leftovers of these pancakes stay very well. Just in case you are a pumpkin pancake party of one (like me), you can make the batch and save the rest in the fridge for later! I heat mine up on the skillet over the stove or even in the oven. I have found microwaving them makes them a bit chewy/rubbery but that also can work if it’s the only option.
Almond Flour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Grease pan of choice (I used a medium pan) with a little coconut oil
- Whisk together pumpkin, eggs and milk in medium/large bowl
- Add almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Heat up the pan to medium-high heat and let batter sit for 5 minutes or so (if too liquidy sprinkle some more flour in the bowl and mix)
- Using tablespoon pour batter onto pan (about 2- tablespoons per pancake)
- Flip over once the pancake starts to bubble a little (or about 2-3 minutes)
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or toppings of your choice
*I haven't tested other flours!