Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Carrot Cake Bars made with gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients for a twist on oatmeal cookies and carrot cake!
Hope no one is sick of carrot cake recipes yet because these new Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Carrot Cake Bars are officially one of my new favorite recipes to make on the blog. Ya baby – I said it!
They are lightly sweetened (just a little maple syrup in the batter), gluten-free, dairy-free and have zero refined sugar in them. Plus we use a mix of almond flour, rolled oats, oat flour for the flours here. I love doing a mix of both almond and oat for this because it makes them a bit more filling and the consistency is on point. Sometimes I find that baking with only grain-free flours leave the consistency a bit too moist, so adding oats really helps!
These bars are almost like an oatmeal cookie or oatmeal bake you’d enjoy in the morning. I personally liked eating these for breakfast more than dessert and paired them with yogurt, nut butter and fresh fruit! You can also freeze them too if you want to save any for later, but that likely won’t happen once you try these 😉
I used Hu Kitchen’s dark chocolate bar and cut it into chunks for the chocolatey sweetness here. Slice up one or two (I prefer two, duh!) and mix some in the batter and then sprinkle some on top for that extra chocolatey goodness.
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Carrot Cake Bars
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup sprouted rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup organic shredded carrots
- 2 Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate bars, cut up into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract until well combined
- Add in the almond flour, oat flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix well to evenly combine
- Fold in the carrots and chocolate then add to baking dish
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes then slice and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in airtight container on counter for a couple days, fridge for 5 days or freezer for a couple of months!