Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cookies made grain & gluten-free, plus they have collagen peptides!
These cookies are da BOMB you guys. I was pretty hesitant on making a cookie using tahini but these Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cookies may just be my most favorite cookie recipe as of yet.
They are soft and kind of doughy. They are just lightly sweetened and hit the spot every single time.
At first I thought I was going crazy putting tahini in a dessert but the mild flavor and creamy consistency it adds to the dough is on point. My Mom could not get enough of these cookies either. I froze half of them to stop myself from eating them all, but ended up microwaving a couple every night until they were finished (try harder next time Rach).
You’d also never guess that there are collagen peptides in these gems. Yes, you read that right, COLLAGEN! Baking with Vital Proteins is seriously one of my favorite past times. You add an extra boost of protein right into the recipe and you are gaining all the benefits of collagen peptides. You also do not taste it whatsoever. I put collagen peptides right into my tea or hot water daily, and it is a game changer. It helps your hair, skin and nails. It is also amazing for your digestive system, joint health and so much more.
I use the marine or beef collagen (both are great and get the packets too for travel) and Vital Proteins even just launched some new flavors that I was lucky enough to try at Expo West! Cannot recommend this product enough. I am OBSESSED you guys.
WHAT YOU NEED
Almond flour (have not subbed anything else)
Arrowroot flour/starch (have not subbed anything else)
Liquid Coconut oil
Dark Chocolate Bar (this is so good in it!)
- I have not tested other flours here, the almond and arrowroot balance each other out and I personally think it adds the doughy/chewy cookie consistency we love
- These cookies do freeze very well but good luck not eating them all first 😉
- If you do not have liquid coconut oil, simply melt solid coconut oil to a liquid and wait for it to cool
Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
Yield: 20-24 cookies 1x
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour/starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1–2 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 flax eggs (or chia or regular egg)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Make a flax egg by combining 2 tablespoons of ground flax + 6 tablespoons water and mix well then set in fridge for 10 minutes to set
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease well
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- In another medium bowl mix together all wet ingredients with a mixer
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix again
- Fold in dark chocolate pieces then begin scooping each cookie (I used a small cookie scooper) and add onto the baking tray (about 12 will fit)
- Press down on each cookie so that they aren’t ball shaped and make sure there is space between each as they will expand as they bake
- Bake for 12 minutes and enjoy!
- *Will stay fresh for 5-7 days in airtight container for freezer for longer
- Category: vegan-friendly, grain free, gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: cookies, dessert
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!