Hands down one of my favorite items to order out to dinner are brussels sprouts. They are always prepared so differently yet they taste amazing every single time. One of my favorite brussels sprouts in the world are at Market Table in the West Village. They are so flavorful and sautéed with squash and apples too so there is a hint of sweetness to them. My other favorite brussels sprouts are my Mom’s (obviously). She makes them so crispy and perfect and I basically eat an entire bowl in a sitting. They’re always my number one request when I visit my parents.
I’ve sadly come to the conclusion that my oven does not cook brussels sprouts well enough to even compare to restaurants or the ones my Mom makes. That’s why I’m making these Crispy Dijon Brussels Sprouts over the stove in a skillet. It is the only way I can get mine as crispy and flavorful as I like. If your oven works well you can of course make these in an oven if you choose.
I made these Crispy Dijon Brussels Sprouts using Sir Kensington’s Dijon Mustard. Sir Kensington’s makes quality ketchups, mustards & mayos that aren’t made with scary and gross ingredients. They are natural, non-GMO & freaking amazing. As you’ll see on their website, they believe in “more refined because less refined”. It’s the go-to condiment brand in my kitchen always. It’s the only ketchup or mayo I will give Jord because I trust its ingredients and where it comes from. I get so excited when I see their products at restaurants because their products should be everywhere. You can also count on Whole Foods having their products, that’s where I buy it!
Their mustard line is by far my favorite. They use #1 grade mustard seeds and are non-gmo verified. They have Spicy Mustard, Dijon Mustard & Yellow Mustard, all delicious and all quality made.
Today I’m using their Dijon Mustard in my Crispy Dijon Brussels Sprouts. Sir Kensington’s Dijon proves rich and potent, with pleasing heat and balanced acidity. I use it in a variety of my dishes, but most importantly in my Crispy Dijon Brussels Sprouts.
These sprouts are too easy to make. All you need are 4 ingredients, 15 minutes and you are set. You can pair them with dinner, fry an egg over it or anything you wish. I personally like to eat them as a snack too when I’m craving some savory eats.
Crispy Dijon Brussels Sprouts
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 3 side dishes 1x
- Category: vegan, gluten free
- Cuisine: snack, side dish
- 1 lb brussels sprouts (rinsed/dried)
- 1 tablespoon Sir Kensington Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- Optional: chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- Trim ends of sprouts where there is any brown
- Heat skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat
- In a medium bowl, toss brussels sprouts in 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Once pan is hot, pour brussels sprouts onto pan and cook for about 4 minutes with cover on (lifting cover every minute or so to mix the sprouts around the pan so all sides cook)
- In the same medium bowl, add garlic, dijon and nuts then pour brussels sprouts back in bowl and toss
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and pour brussels sprouts back and cook until your liking (I did about 5 more minutes)
For free shipping on all Sir Kensington’s orders on their website, use the code “sprout” (not an affiliate link, just a sweet deal!)