I don’t think there has been a time I have ever said no to falafel.
I love ordering it in my salads from Sweet Green and when we are at our favorite Greek restaurants. I love making falafels at home and adding them to random bowls and meals. And I seriously love experimenting with falafel recipes that don’t even have chickpeas in them.
I made these Crispy Vegan Black Bean Falafels after trying Blue Moose of Boulder’s Lime and Black Bean Hummus. It was such a unique hummus flavor because it had that Mexican food flare to it. They use a mix of chickpeas and black beans with a few other simple ingredients like extra virgin olive oil (yay no canola), tahini, etc. to make this creamy dip.Blue Moose of Boulder makes a variety of hummus dips, spreads, pestos, salsas, etc. They even have these on-the-go cups that are perfect for traveling or packing for your lunch box! Not to mention this recipe for black bean falafel is a must try for your next meal prep!
I also love that Blue Moose of Boulder protects all of their products with Cold Pressure to keep everything fresh and product the dips from bacteria. Instead of using preservatives or high heat, they use High Pressure Processing…Um, amazing!
Eating these Crispy Vegan Black Bean Falafels paired with the Lime and Black Bean Hummus, is basically like combining Greek and Mexican food into one amazingly delicious meal that I hope you all love as much as I do. The falafels are vegan and gluten-free and take minimal ingredients to make!
WHAT YOU NEED
Blue Moose of Boulder Black Bean & Lime Hummus for dipping!
Crispy Vegan Black Bean Falafel Bowls (gluten-free)
Black Bean Falafel
- 1.5 cups black beans (I used unsalted)
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups arugula
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 scoops goat cheese (omit if vegan)
- Blue Moose of Boulder Lime & Black Bean Hummus
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add black bean falafel ingredients to food processor and pulse until well combined
- Form into small patties and place in fridge for 15 minutes
- Heat a skillet with avocado oil and place black bean falafels onto skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes (outside should be crispy and instead not too soft)
- Assemble bowl with ingredients, black bean falafel and Blue Moose of Boulder Lime & Black Bean Hummus
- *Enjoy black bean falafels within 4 days of making, store in fridge in airtight container
Thank you Blue Moose of Boulder for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!