Ah, summer. The time of the no-bake desserts, treats, snacks and anything to make us not to have to turn on our ovens in the heat.
I’m excited to share these Date-Sweetened Dark Chocolate Coconut Macaroons with you guys today. You will absolutely love these super simple and delicious macaroons that are my current favorite snack or mid-afternoon sweet treat.
And the best part? They are only sweetened with dates. They add the perfect amount of sweetness and deliciousness to these easy macaroons.
My other absolute favorite part is that they have an extra nutritional boost in them thanks to Manitoba Harvest Hemp Heart Toppers. I used their Coconut + Cocoa flavored hemp hearts for these to add some extra coconut-y and chocolate-y flavor we crave. You can add their unflavored hemp hearts as well, either work!
I have been using Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts for a variety of recipes and random eats and drinks during the day. I add them to my smoothies, on top of salads, popcorn, cookies, anything! They give me extra 10 grams of protein and omega-3 and omega-6 per 35-gram serving. And help make the recipe a bit more filling and nutritious.
Their Hemp Heart Toppers come in four different flavors both sweet and savory. Coconut + Cocoa, Maple + Cinnamon, Chipotle Garlic + Onion and Onion Garlic and Rosemary.
These Date-Sweetened Dark Chocolate Coconut Macaroons will officially rock your world. Ok maybe no rock but like I hope you love them as much as I do!
WHAT YOU NEED
Chocolate (I used Eating Evolved Midnight – code rachLcoconutcups for a free bar with your order online)Print
Date-Sweetened Dark Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (no-bake)
- Yield: About 12 1x
- Category: paleo, vegan, gluten-free
- Cuisine: dessert, cookie, snack
- 10 medjool dates, pitted (if dry, soak in hot water 10 minutes, then drain)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (large flake is best)
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter
- 1 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons Manitoba Harvest Hemp Heart Toppers Cocoa + Cacao
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 ounces chocolate (I used Eating Evolved Midnight)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a food processor, combine dates, coconut flakes, cacao butter, hemp hearts, coconut butter and coconut oil
- Turn food process on and run until well combined (mine mixed into a big ball of dough)
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough and shape into a ball and add to baking tray
- Repeat until all dough is used
- Add to freezer for about 10 minutes
- While macaroons are in freezer, add chocolate to a small sauce pan and turn onto medium heat and stir until melted (you may need to add a little coconut oil to melt but the chocolate I used didn’t require this)
- Once melted, remove macaroons from the freezer and dip the bottom of each into the chocolate then place back onto the baking tray (I dipped half way through)
- Drizzle remaining chocolate on top and add back to freezer for another 30 minutes then enjoy!
- *Will stay good in freezer for 3 months or fridge for a couple weeks
Thank you Manitoba Harvest for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!