Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars for a dreamy vegan and gluten-free dessert!
A world that combines brownies, cookies and peanut butter into one dreamy dessert, is the place I want to be.
These Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars are a game changing dessert you guys. They are vegan, gluten-free and taste so rich and fudge-y and perfect.
Word on the street is that today is National Peanut Butter Day (happy holidays), but we all know every day is a day to celebrate peanut butter. I’m so excited to share these Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars with you and I hope that you are drooling over them as much as I am. I am actually eating one right now as I write this blog post with some coconut yogurt on top.
Let’s dive into this recipe though. Since it is a double layer dessert, there are two different recipes going on in one place. The peanut butter cookie layer (the bottom layer) is made with creamy peanut butter, sweetened with coconut sugar and even has some extra peanut butter powder in it to add even more PB flavor. I use PBfit peanut butter powder from Better Body Foods. PBfit is a powdered form of peanuts. It’s a lighter way to add even more peanut butter flavor to things like smoothies, baked goods, anything!
The peanut butter brownie layer has PBfit chocolate peanut butter powder in it to add that chocolate and peanut buttery flavor. You will notice both layers are made with many Better Body Foods products. I use their coconut sugar, liquid coconut oil, coconut flour, cacao powder and two types of PBfit all in this one recipe! They are such an epic brand to keep in the pantry to help make healthy recipes tasty. They make all non-GMO products ranging from ancient grains to LIVfit superfoods (different powders!). I will be sharing a few recipes this year featuring their products and I am so excited. They are such an epic brand, you guys will love.
Let’s get to these Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars though. Too perfect not to make for today or really any day.
WHAT YOU NEED
Better Body Foods Coconut Sugar
Better Body Foods Coconut Flour
Dark Chocolate (I used this one, code rachLcoconutcups for free chocolate surprise)
Better Body Foods Cacao Powder
PBfit Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder
Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars (vegan)
Yield: 9 brownies 1x
- Peanut butter cookie layer:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Better Body Foods Coconut Sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoons flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons Better Body Foods Liquid Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Better Body Foods Coconut Flour
- 3 tablespoons PBfit Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Peanut butter brownie layer:
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Better Body Foods Cacao Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or sub gluten-free flour)
- 2 tablespoons PBfit Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking dish well
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for flax eg and set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and flax egg
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, peanut butter powder and baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well then add to baking dish
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the dark chocolate and let it cool for a few minutes
- In the same medium bowl (save yourself another dirty dish!) add melted chocolate, apple sauce, cacao powder, baking powder, vanilla extract, oat flour and peanut butter powder
- Mix well then add brownie layer on top of blondie layer
- Sprinkle with desired toppings (I used dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips)
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked
- Category: vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- Cuisine: dessert, brownies
Thank you Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!
Links Im Lovin’ Friday – Mighty Fit
[…] want to make these blondies and these bars. Gimme all the […]
Can you make this with a regular egg? If so how many eggs?
haven’t tried! but likely one for the flax egg. usually 1 flax egg = 1 egg. LMK if you try!
Peanut butter and peanut powder sounds like a wicked combo for super flavorful bars! I’m definitely bookmarking these to make soon!
Would this work with chunky peanut butter (all I buy!)?
instead of creamy? yes!
would this work with natural peanut butter?
i haven’t tried! but if you do let me know 😉
Is there a reasonable sub for the peanut butter powder?
i haven’t tested without as i made this in partnership with Better Body Foods 🙂 Try adding a tablespoon of peanut butter instead so you get the flavor.
Sunday Things… 2.4.18
[…] of obsessed with these double layer peanut butter brownie cookie bars – they’re also vegan + […]
Oh this is my biggest weakness in life. Double chocolate brownie! I usually buy ready made ones from Sainsbury’s but i am avoiding processed food as much as i can. Not a greay baker, but i must give it a go definitely. I bet i can put them in freezer and stock up for sweet cravings. The last thing i want is to eat the entire tray at once 🙂
Thank you for sharing such lovely recipes
Can you use regular flour instead of the coconut flour and oat flour?
i do not recommend it! maybe for oat but coconut is NOT 1:1 sub. as with all my recipes, I list any subs that I know of and tested. if you have another idea feel free to sub at your own risk 🙂
Ultimate Gluten Free Fudge Brownies (Paleo + Refined Sugar Free) – RachLmansfield
[…] Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars (vegan) Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet Brownie (grain-free) The Best Sweet Potato Brownies (grain + dairy-free) Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownie Cupcakes (grain-free + vegan) Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Brownie Pie (gluten-free) […]
So disappointed in these. The brownie layer was excellent, but the bottom/blondie layer was flaky and did not hold together. Definitely prefer the Cookie Dough Crack Bars over these!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread (gluten-free) – rachLmansfield
[…] Powdered Peanut Butter in this recipe too. I love baking with their PBFit as you saw in those Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars and even in my PB&J Smoothie Bowl! Better Body Foods makes a variety of staples that you will […]
can i omit the PB fit? or is it required? i don’t have any 🙁
yes sure but add a bit more PB for flavor and then some flour for texture
Crispy Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups (vegan + gluten-free) – rachLmansfield
[…] coconut flour, coconut oil, PBfit and more. Remember that Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread and Double Layer Brownie Cookie Bars? Ya, that was Better Body Foods […]
Double Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies (gluten-free) – rachLmansfield
[…] making it 100x easier to use in the kitchen. I use it in a variety of my recipes here on the blog: Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars and Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana […]
The whole thing turned out mushy for me… super bummed. I followed the directions and used almond flour instead of oat. I ended up baking it for a total of around 75 minutes! I even tried covering it with tinfoil in the oven to cook through.