A world that combines brownies, cookies and peanut butter into one dreamy dessert, is the place I want to be.
These Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars are a game changing dessert you guys. They are vegan, gluten-free and taste so rich and fudge-y and perfect.
Word on the street is that today is National Peanut Butter Day (happy holidays), but we all know every day is a day to celebrate peanut butter. I’m so excited to share these Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars with you and I hope that you are drooling over them as much as I am. I am actually eating one right now as I write this blog post with some coconut yogurt on top.
Let’s dive into this recipe though. Since it is a double layer dessert, there are two different recipes going on in one place. The peanut butter cookie layer (the bottom layer) is made with creamy peanut butter, sweetened with coconut sugar and even has some extra peanut butter powder in it to add even more PB flavor. I use PBfit peanut butter powder from Better Body Foods. PBfit is a powdered form of peanuts. It’s a lighter way to add even more peanut butter flavor to things like smoothies, baked goods, anything!
The peanut butter brownie layer has PBfit chocolate peanut butter powder in it to add that chocolate and peanut buttery flavor. You will notice both layers are made with many Better Body Foods products. I use their coconut sugar, liquid coconut oil, coconut flour, cacao powder and two types of PBfit all in this one recipe! They are such an epic brand to keep in the pantry to help make healthy recipes tasty. They make all non-GMO products ranging from ancient grains to LIVfit superfoods (different powders!). I will be sharing a few recipes this year featuring their products and I am so excited. They are such an epic brand, you guys will love.
Let’s get to these Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars though. Too perfect not to make for today or really any day.
WHAT YOU NEED
Better Body Foods Coconut Sugar
Dark Chocolate (I used this one, code rachLcoconutcups for free chocolate surprise)
Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars (vegan)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Better Body Foods Coconut Sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoons flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons Better Body Foods Liquid Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Better Body Foods Coconut Flour
- 3 tablespoons PBfit Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Better Body Foods Cacao Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or sub gluten-free flour)
- 2 tablespoons PBfit Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder
Peanut butter cookie layer
Peanut butter brownie layer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish well
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for flax eg and set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and flax egg
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, peanut butter powder and baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well then add to baking dish
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the dark chocolate and let it cool for a few minutes
- In the same medium bowl (save yourself another dirty dish!) add melted chocolate, apple sauce, cacao powder, baking powder, vanilla extract, oat flour and peanut butter powder
- Mix well then add brownie layer on top of blondie layer
- Sprinkle with desired toppings (I used dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips)
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked
Thank you Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!