These Gluten-free Strawberry Cookies are absolutely delicious and such an easy cookie recipe to make. You only need 6 ingredients and these are dairy-free, nut-free and with no refined sugar.
These cookies are insanely underrated. I’m not sure why strawberry cookies haven’t been a hot commodity now for years. Because wow the are good. Just a little sweetness from the strawberries. And of course – if you want some chocolate you can add some in there too.
This may be come your new favorite cookie recipe. I cannot wait to hear what you think. They’re a great option to make when you want something healthy and a dessert for kids too. Since there is fruit instead of chocolate and these are a pretty light cookie in general. Not too mention Ezra basically ate the entire batch himself – he is so obsessed with them.
What ingredients are in these strawberry cookies:
- Egg – you can likely use flax egg as well if you prefer or can’t do eggs.
- Coconut sugar – or do a mix of cane and brown sugar if that’s your preference. I like coquet sugar because it’s unrefined.
- Avocado oil – really any neutral oil of sorts works here.
- Gluten-free oat flour – you can also use a spelt flour or whole wheat flour if not gluten-free
- Strawberries – the mains star of the show!! But because I know someone will ask, blueberries also are great for this if you don’t want to do blackberries.
FAQs about making this strawberry cookie recipe:
- What is the best way to store these cookies? I like keeping them in the fridge for maximize freshness. They also freeze really well and if you want them warm then you can pop them in the microwave too.
- What inspired you to make these? Ezra!! He asked for a strawberry cookie recipe out of no where. We conveniently had some strawberries in the fridge so we put them to use. And they came out so good!
- Can you use another fruit? Yes of course. Another berry would work best here instead of strawberries.
A few other healthy gluten-free cookie recipes to make:
Easy Gluten-free Strawberry Cookies
These Gluten-free Strawberry Cookies are absolutely delicious and such an easy cookie recipe to make. You only need 6 ingredients and these are dairy-free and with no refined sugar.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
Yield: Makes 12 cookies 1x
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Juice from 1 /2 lemon
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- Whisk together egg, lemon, oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth
- Mix in the flour, baking powder until fully combined
- Fold in strawberries then add the dough to the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Form the cookies by rolling 1-2 tablespoons of dough into your hand and add to baking sheet
- Repeat for remaining dough
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden
- Allow the cookies to cool and enjoy!
*Store these in an airtight container for 3 days or in the fridge 5 days. I also like to freeze these for up to 2 months