If you love Halloween and are looking on how to take it up a few notches – here are my favorite things for Halloween recipes AND affordable decor!
I have always been a huge Halloween fan! Growing up my parents would always decorate our house and just make it so festive. It’s one of my favorite memories. Now I get to do the same at my home and the best part is my kids are Halloween obsessed. They wear their skeleton pajamas year round!
If you’ve been following me on Instagram you know how much I love making fun Halloween desserts and treats for all ages. I’ve curated a list of some of my pantry staples to make the best DIY Halloween treats.
Food must haves for Halloween recipes:
- Halloween Cookie Cutters – we love these halloween cookie cutter shapes to make our favorite cookies or pancakes in a festive way.
- Edible Eyeball Sprinkles – I’ve found countless recipes to make with these from my Easy Halloween Candy Bark to my Peanut Butter Blossom Spider Cookies
- Canned Pumpkin Puree – this really is the perfect Halloween pantry staple, use it in my Brown Butter Maple Pumpkin Bread or my Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts!
- Cupcake liners – hello vegan Dirt Cups!
- Natural Food Dye – trust me it works great, just look at how my Halloween Rice Krispie Treats turned out!
- Halloween Sprinkles – just a great addition to some cup cakes or brownies.
- Ghost Popsicle Molds – my kids demand popsicles everyday, might as well make them festive!
- Black & White Paper Straws – sharing a recipe using these very soon!
- Chocolate chips – these are my go to chocolate chips to bake with, and snack on too!
- White chocolate chips – a must ingredient for my Ghost Pretzels and my Monster Munch Bark!
Not only do we get into the spooky spirt with great recipes but since moving to our home we have been decking it out with all the Halloween decor. Here are some of our favorite finds:
Home decor must haves for halloween:
- Skeleton – we hung this from our front porch and put a spot light below it to cast a shadow
- Bats Wall Decor – arranged them around our doorways
- Assorted Artificial Pumpkin Set – these worked well inside so we didn’t have any fresh pumpkins inside for the kids to mess with!
- Lanterns – love these for our front steps
- Outdoor Colored Spot Lights – this is a new addition for this year but will light up the front facade of our house.
- Giant Spider Web – we hung this out from one of our top floor rooms down to our front yard.
- Hanging Ghosts – added some of these into our trees and shrubs.
- Halloween Witch Hats – hung these in the entry of our front door.
- Fog Machine – we used this both inside and outside
- Black Candelabra Candles – we used these for our Halloween party last year!
- Hello bootiful door mat – I LOVE this so much
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.